Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   any HVAC guys here? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70454-any-hvac-guys-here.html)

Steve_H 01-30-2004 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:crazy:

Steve_H 01-30-2004 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
Take it off the wall so you can get to the wires behind it. you will need a small flat head .
ok doctor lapse.
what next?
umm wait a sec .......... what does lapse of reason imply anyway :D

hp500efi 01-30-2004 04:57 PM

Take a wire and hold it on "RC" and hold the other end on the "W" :)

RC has the red wire attached to it (upper right) W has the grayish wire attached to it (lower right).

Be careful not to jiggle the wires you are holding around and accidently touch one of the other terminals otherwise you might short out the transformer and then have no 24v.

Those wires you are messing with are 24v so no big deal. If you have some small alligator clips, they work best...otherwise open the screw and attach the wire behind the screw.

LapseofReason 01-30-2004 04:59 PM

Did you jump the R and W wires yet ?

hp500efi 01-30-2004 05:00 PM

Oh ya, I would prefer you go by the furnace and find the same 24v wires attached to the furnace because that way you are eliminating the WIRING and the T-STAT. By jumpering the wires at the T-stat, you could still have the same problem because you might have a problem with the wiring in the wall...

Find the furnace, turn off the line voltage (switch or circuit breaker), take bottom blower door off, locate the low voltage thermostat wiring connections. Find the R and W, jumper wire them together, install door back on, turn on line voltage power supply and stand back ;)...LOL see what happens.

LapseofReason 01-30-2004 05:03 PM

If he kills himself are we responsible?:D :D

hp500efi 01-30-2004 05:07 PM

Unless he sticks his fingers in the blower or wall socket, I think we are OK. . . LMAO

Steve_H 01-30-2004 05:45 PM

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
If he kills himself are we responsible?:D :D
holy chit that hurt:eek: :eek:
j/k

got a pm from Bossman with his phone number.
he walked me thru several possible causes and how to fix/diagnose them.

told me how to jump the stat from inside the furnace.
how to gently clean the sensor that the flame flows by.
and ............ what is probably the culprit. a clogged coil.
had trouble cooling the house last summer also.
soooooo , back down to the freezer called a basement with new found knowledge.

thankyou so much Rich (Bossman) and everyone else too!
OSO is a great place:)

hp500efi 01-30-2004 05:50 PM

Well, get it fixed and let us know what was wrong.

I am going home :)

FWK 01-30-2004 06:07 PM

Mine did that it kept bumping the limit switch. Then shutting off. Good luck