Oh boy, Here we go again.... >

Oh boy, Here we go again....

Notices

Oh boy, Here we go again....

Old 01-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe one good thing that will come out of this is people will start wearing their safety equipment. I have made poor choices in the past regarding this subject. I am however learning from mine and other peoples mistakes. Another safety item is a lanyard aka kill switch. Make sure your boat has one installed and use it everytime you go boating! BH
Old 01-30-2004, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You couldn`t of said it better Joe,Reed,Russ...
Old 01-30-2004, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Fever Mike

Joker, I even have my kill switch conected to me boating around in my Concept! Good point you brought up!
I even wear my kill switch on my 18 foot fish boat. Top speed ~48.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't really think it is going to matter if clubs and manufacturers start implementing training... the problem is going to be with some f---ing politician who is going to jump on the bandwagon and try to make a name for himself by authoring legislation.... all under the guise of "protecting the public". The more clubs and manufacturers stress safety... the more justified the politician will be in trying to implement the damn legislation.... Just watch... Some Politician will say... "See.... even the manufacturers and boaters admit there is an issue here..... we need laws!!!! " I'm sorry to sound so cynical about this subject.... but I've seen it on too many occasions... These elected officials will do any "grandstanding" that is necessary to get the free publicity the media provides when something tragic like this happens.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Registered

Reed, I have to agree with you. There are no bigger egos anywhere than in politics. And there is always some politician out there trying to make a name for him/herself by jumping on the "whatever" bandwagon and the only requirement is the he/she knows absolutelyl nothing about whatever it is. And when it comes to just honestly reporting facts, you can flat out forget about the media. Going through a replacement bridge height issue locally, I have certainly learned that.
You could hand the local newspaper a friggin watch and they would not tell you the correct time of day.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Fever Mike

Trust me I know something you all don't know about and you better hurry up..something will be coming up from the deep soon.
How about clueing us in? Is there a reason to keep it secret?
Old 01-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Registered

You think musicians have egos..... try dealing with ACTORS.....
Old 01-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Registered

You guys in Florida better be prepared for when the onslaught of proposed legislation hits... I'd suggest getting organized and quite vocal to shout down any proposed legislation about setting speed limits on boats. Second suggestion.... personally attack the credibility of any politician that authors such legislation. That seems to be the only tactic politicians understand... they love bandwagons... but if they think the proposed legislation will garner bad press... they will back off. Organize a petition to recall the author of the legislation.... that scares the hell out of them.... even if the petition goes down... it sends a message... Believe me.. it works... we got rid of Grey Davis here in California that way!
Old 01-31-2004, 02:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Sean
My letter to the editor...

Your column by TERRY TOMALIN was nothing short of irresponsible, uneducated, slighted reporting.

Mr. Tomalin should get facts first and not condemn the whole because of the actions of a few. His report is based on his own assumptions regarding the training and experience of today's powerboaters.

As a responsible powerboater in the N/E I find this article extremely offensive. It's too bad JT offered him a ride...only to have the gesture turned into a soap box rant on the state of today's powerboating public. Shame on you Mr. Tomalin.
That was articulate.

Unfortunately he won't the last of the imbeciles.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:08 AM
Registered

As far as protecting our "boating rights" here is a very good start.

STANDING WATCH / a boating coatlition that was formed to protect Florida's boating rights.

www.standing-watch.org or 1-866-263-5015

take a minute and check it out.

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 01-31-2004 at 08:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Oh boy, Here we go again....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.