Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
cobra power word is no good >

cobra power word is no good

Notices

cobra power word is no good

Old 01-30-2004, 01:13 PM
wetpleasure

Default cobra power word is no good

I am telling you this because they are giving my boat mechinc that is a small local boat dealership here in the midwest a hard time. The story is that I broke one of my TRS outdrives the weekend before the lake cummberland poker run. The dealer called a couple of places and COBRA POWER had one and could ship it overnight so that he could install it and I could be on the road to the poker run in two days. When my outdrive showed up the ups driver was draging it in up-side down. The top cap was damaged, so I told the dealer to trade the caps for the weekend and we could get everyting taken care of in a couple of weeks. Since then UPS and COBRA POWER has done nothing to correct the problem. COBRA POWER also told my dealer that they would give him a core charge for the old outdrive when he order the new drive from them. They now tell him that they can not give him the core they promised that they are not taking any cores now and they are waiting on UPS.

How long does it take to correct this problem?
We order this drive in the first part of september.

Old 01-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had two drives shipped UPS from Texas to Toronto last year. Long story short, both drives were destroyed in transit. UPS took 9 month to agree to settle and 2 more to actually pay. They tried telling me I had not paid for insurance even though they took photo copies of the receipt which proved that I had. They then tried to under value the settlement. Then they flat out lied several times about the cheques being sent in the mail. Then they only sent the money for one drive which started another war. I finally got full payment less 650 shipping and 638 brokerage fees 11 months after I first had them ship the drives. Good luck, you are in for a long fight is my bet.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:42 PM
wetpleasure

I am more angry that COBRA POWER will not give this dealer the core money it promised. The top cap was the only part that was damaged $50.

Old 01-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

Unless you know the person shipping the part packs it right, you can expect UPS to damage everything they ship. Here at work we had to go have a company come up with a better packing solution for us because we were getting soo many damaged returns from their screwups! We now pack all our materials in an expanding faom packaging. You can drop it from 50' up and it dont break.
Problem is that few others deliver as well as UPS does so we keep using them. FedEx is good for small stuff but not large quant. as we have found.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the cap is only fifty bucks anything UPS ships has $100 worth of insurance included in the shipping cost. I would just send the picture in with the claim. MOST of the time they don't even mess with a low cost claim and just pay it.

I just had a $1500 generator sent to me UPS and the driver rolled it down the steps of the truck, it did a 540 and landed upside down. I looked at him and said you fing dumb a$$ that's a generator. He says its heavy took him inside took it out of the box, junk. cost $700 to fix. I had the money in 3 weeks.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

WELL...IT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN SHIPPED UPS...TO START. CALL AND SPEAK WITH RANDY DIRECTLY I AM SURE HE WILL RECTIFY IT
Old 01-30-2004, 04:26 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

WHEN I HAD A PROBLEM WITH COBRA NOTHIGN GOT STRAOGHTENED OUT TILLI SPOKE WITH RANDY. onC EI GOT HIM ON THE PHONE HE CLEARED IT UP RIGHT AWAY.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My business dealings with Randy have been notihing short of great. Puder...good advice. Maybe Randy can assist you. Good Luck.

Julie
Old 01-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What, the whole company revolves around what "Randy" says???? Who TF is Randy, the owner? If so, why should anyone have to go all the way to the owner to get resolution?

Well, here's why: Because these guys try to squirm out of chit any way they can. They tell their people "piss on 'em, if they call me I'll fix it".

Thats crap. You shouldn't have to speak to the "Wizard of Randy" to get a problem resolved.

Plus, what kind of company would ship an expensive outdrive uncrated??!!?? Thats just unbelievable and unacceptable.

Finally, UPS dudes are just delivery monkeys. They don't give a chit about anything they ship.

"Rolled the generator box down the ramp because it was heavy" What a lazy, useless, don't give a phuck piece of chit that guy was. You shoulda planted a fist right between his ignorant eyes!!!!

"Dragged the drive in". I woulda blown a gasket if that were my drive. I can't believe the kind of idiots out there running around,,,,,,,,, scary aint it?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Registered

UPS is rough as **** on there packages, it's a shame that the poeple that work for ups don't do a better job, I have had more stuff broken by them, I bet if they got caught doing stuff like this and they lost there jopb for a while they would have a change of mind, good luck on your drive, hope it all works out
Mark

Quick Reply: cobra power word is no good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.