Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   wtf? jesse james / auto zone commercials (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70543-wtf-jesse-james-auto-zone-commercials.html)

open87 01-31-2004 09:09 AM

wtf? jesse james / auto zone commercials

just saw jesse james doing a auto zone commercial. would you call it selling out???:rolleyes:

Fightclub 01-31-2004 09:17 AM

Oh ya big time, I thought the same thing. And the MONSTER Garage.... Some of those are just Stupid. He should stick to building bikes.

Big time sell out. What do you think about OCC not having the son doing bikes? I used to like to watch not much any more.

dreamboater 01-31-2004 09:25 AM

I thought Paul Jr. was still building the bikes, but in the first episode of the new season this bike was one that Paul Sr. was building. What is Paul Jr. doing now if not building bikes?

impulsive 01-31-2004 09:28 AM

If you call making money selling out then I guess he did. Come on guys, your telling me if auto zone walked up to you and handed you a ton of cash you wouldn't do it? He is not selling out he is being smart. You don't know how long shows like this are going to be hot. You have to cash in while you have the chance. I see nothing wrong with it at all. Just my .02:p

Spicy 01-31-2004 09:29 AM

Dreamboater.... two totally different shows

Rocky Dell 01-31-2004 09:32 AM

Jr. is working on bikes in a separate part of the building. They now have 2 floors and Sr. & Jr. aren't on the same floor.

open87 01-31-2004 09:36 AM

i don't see a problem with doing certain product endosements, but come on auto zone phalezzz.next he will be driving through taco bell saying , "ya essay, eat at taco bell". he builds awsome bikes ,but what would you really buy at auto zone , oil , wiper blades, and armour all. they don't sell six shooter steering wheels:D

JTB 01-31-2004 09:38 AM

Originally posted by impulsive
If you call making money selling out then I guess he did. Come on guys, your telling me if auto zone walked up to you and handed you a ton of cash you wouldn't do it? He is not selling out he is being smart. You don't know how long shows like this are going to be hot. You have to cash in while you have the chance. I see nothing wrong with it at all. Just my .02:p
I agree 100%

CAP071 01-31-2004 09:40 AM

Tha's like saying Mike Jordon should NOT do Haines underwear or ball park hot dogs TV spots.

OCC is now doing AOL ads. it's all about the $$ It's what makes the world go round

Indy 01-31-2004 09:42 AM

Originally posted by impulsive
I am in complete agreement. Life is hard enough, if you can put the biggest hardship behind you which is money, you've just tackled the big one. Now he can make bikes because he loves to, not because he has to. I could be so fortunate. Instead of looking at Top Guns as a fantasy, it could be reality...wow!!!!!!!!