Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats Safer at 120 - V or Cat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70898-whats-safer-120-v-cat.html)

GLH 03-15-2004 08:12 PM

Re: higher the speed higher the risk

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Maximus
20 k will buy you a small tunnel that will hit the #
What do yu think?

I think a lot of people in those $20k/120mph tunnels will wipe themselves out.

I'll bet you $100 an OL 42 GTX worth $700k with Sterlings that can push it passed 120 is cheaper to insure than any $700k Cat that can run 120, all other terms of the policy beiing equal (the "jack" factor is out of this comparaison).

And that will tell you how those actuaries with ALL the claims/lost data have analyzed the risk. :D

Maximus 03-16-2004 04:18 PM

missunderstood

Just so you dont misunderstand me. I agree the V will most likely have a slightly lower premium but part of the equation is there are only 50 ol's that do that # vs 5000 small and mid size cats that do the #.

also,

Generalization...the guy age/maturity that can afford a 700k toy vs the guy that can buy a 20 to 100k 120mph hotrod.... I'm assuming you see my line of thought.

Let's ask RISKTAKER

Well Risktaker whats the deal?

GLH 03-16-2004 06:16 PM

The premium doesn't lie! but it's your story...keep talking.

Well Risktaker whats the deal?
Yahh what's the deal RT?

BTW Volume has nothing to do with it. It's data per similar boat insured compared to losses. The amount of boats of similar nature is just a divider it does not help, it comes to an average per boat.

GLH 03-16-2004 06:18 PM

Re: missunderstood

..the V will most likely have a slightly lower premium...
Slightly? :D

Maximus 03-16-2004 06:22 PM

HA!

Premium dosn't lie....... Very creative

OK.."Data per similar" theres a lot more "similars" all the way round that do over 100+

Maximus

Think it's time for an insurance thread?

I'll give her a shot

Downtown42 03-16-2004 06:26 PM

How 'bout ya just line 'em up and hit the throttles to see who's fastest? That's all that counts :p

GLH 03-16-2004 06:27 PM

Re: HA!

Premium dosn't lie....... Very creative
Max I don't get it explain where an insurance company does not set premium according to risk all parameters being equal.

The actuaries are not at the end of a bar at LOTO arguing about x-dim they're looking at past claims and evaluate whats coming. Enlighten me where I am missing something.

BTW all in fun Max don't take it personally, this is all in fun but unfortunately based in facts. :D

And I'll up it to a grand if you would care.

GLH 03-16-2004 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Downtown42
How 'bout ya just line 'em up and hit the throttles to see who's fastest? That's all that counts :p
On the side of a bar it does no one pays the bills there.

Downtown42 03-16-2004 06:28 PM

That leaves me out :(

GLH 03-17-2004 06:26 AM

Originally posted by GLH
...an OL 42 GTX worth $700k with Sterlings that can push it passed 120 is cheaper to insure than any $700k Cat that can run 120, all other terms of the policy beiing equal (the "jack" factor is out of this comparaison). And that will tell you how those actuaries with ALL the claims/lost data have analyzed the risk. :D

Originally posted by Risk Taker
Yup.....probably by about 20% or so.....:) . Glad I could help.......
Takes care of that.