Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I'm shootin the bast...rds/ Gun info. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70917-im-shootin-bast-rds-gun-info.html)

RollWithIt 02-04-2004 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, You better hope you dont run into this little bugger up there. :eek:

RollWithIt 02-04-2004 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Guess those squirrels are having too much fun without ya huh??

RollWithIt 02-04-2004 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe they think that you house is a good place to get refreshments.

RollWithIt 02-04-2004 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a hint, this might be the best time to sneak up on them. Just wait for them to pass out from all the partying.:D

KCHOTBOAT 02-04-2004 01:38 PM

Re: I'm shootin the bast...rds/ Gun info.

Originally posted by cigracer38
Squirells! I have 3 squirells in my roof. I have tried everything peacefull to get them out. Now I'm going to shoot them.

My question is: What is the most high powered pellot gun out there for sale. Where can I buy it.

Thanks. :hothead:

We are having the same problem. When out and bought a cage to catch him and have not heard or seen the little bastard.

Gary Anderson 02-04-2004 01:45 PM

Be careful. I was watching TV saturday and saw this rabbit tie the ends of a double barrel shotgun together. Blew right up in Elmer Fudds face!
Gary

bajabob38 02-04-2004 01:46 PM

Originally posted by CustomRigger101
you're going to shot your eye out....

LMAO:D :D :D

bajabob38 02-04-2004 01:47 PM

Originally posted by RollWithIt
Just a hint, this might be the best time to sneak up on them. Just wait for them to pass out from all the partying.:D

:D :D :D

Cord 02-04-2004 02:08 PM

Just about any air rifle will take out a squirrel. I'm personally using a Beeman 1000. It's a really nice gun. Very accurate, beautiful stock, all metal parts, etc. If you are looking for a cheap gun that you can abuse, then this one isn't the right gun-it's too good. .177 cal will be more than enough for a squirrel. .20 or .22 will offer a little more impact power, lower velocity and a fairly flat trajectory. The larger caliber would be required if you want to go after rabbit or woodchuck at a later date. Don't believe all the stats about muzzel velocity. When you go over 1,000fps the pellet will start to tumble which will throw your shot off. The Beeman also offers a single motion break barrel action. This sure beats the 10 pumps it takes to get the Benjamin-Sheridan rifle to full charge. I tried a Gamo for a while, but I couldn't get used to the double recoil. The Beeman is definetly a better gun. Stay away from the Daisy or Winchester air rifles. They are at the bottom of the pile. Look into the Beeman Crow Magnum pellets. These are some maximum expansion pellets that will drop a squirrel instantly.

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet...rTarget=browse

LapseofReason 02-04-2004 02:09 PM

Ok this is true and funny. One morning I was sitting on the pot taking a chit when I here them in my roof chewing a bigger hole. I had just plugged the hole the day before for about the tenth time. I jump up grab a bath robe, pair of shoes and a gun (22 cb's) and head out back, 2 of them first shot first kill, second shot belly wound. He falls of the roof and runs around front, I give case firing 2-3 more times but miss. Now I am in the front yard in a bath robe shoes with a gun and its about 20 deg. outside chasing a squirrel he runs up under the hood of my new truck dragging guts everywhere. So now I have the hood up standing on the bumper trying to get a shot off, he stops looks like a good clean shot I fire. Hes dead I remove him close the hood toss him in the trash go back inside. 2 hours later I go out get in the truck and start down the road and all the warning lights are on. The bullet went though him and into the wiring. But Ford fixed it under warranty they said it got pinched.:D :D