Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stryker boats ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70970-stryker-boats.html)

thunderusone 09-11-2010 07:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I still have the fastest highest hp 38 ever built. It is also the fastest Stryker of any size. It is completely restored and rigged to the level of a new 38 top gun...or better. EVRYTHING is new. Includes a triple disk trailer and a new set of 598ci 1000hp 3.3L whipple YPM engines. Warranty and maintenence program available on this boat. PM me if interested. New custom built XR's with imco -2 shorties, full hydro steering with stainless tilt helm. New interior cockpit and cuddy. Huge stereo, new guages, mechanical indicators, livorsi race throttles and shifters. New custom made carpet...and on and on... If you want a 100mph boat that wil ride throught the roughest water you can get in and not have to worry about sliding or spinning out a step bottom boat. Then this is it. Get the original Cig 38 top gun non step ride and still have the performance of a new step hull gun with 700+hp at a fraction of the cost. This boat is immaculate and stored inside in a climate controled building ALL the time. Also has a new snap on cockpit cover that you can tow with. Trailer has new tires / with electric over Hydraulic brakes on all axles. It will stop your truck. Also has eletric Jack on the trailer to hook up. Boat needs nothing but a new owner that wants years of trouble free boating with all the bugs out and the boat dialed in. It idles like it has 500's in it and my wife docs the boat with just the shifters and never touches the throttles.

dconroy69 03-31-2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone (Post 849258)
I have a 38 Thunder and I used to own part of the company. It is out of business now....to much money spent on R&D and no advertising dollers. The 28 is pulled off of an old sleekcraft hull...it is the exact same hull as a 28 Nordic. The nordic has a little different top deck. A 28 with single 750 to 800 HP will run in the low 90's all day long. I have had my 38 for 9 years now and before the stepped hull generation...hp for hp it was the fastest big boat around. Don Brooks...founder of the company went heads up with Reggie Fountain in a 38 in 1994 and blistered him with the same motors. The 38 does not really break loose till you get it in a about a 3' chop. If you can find a clean 28....get it...I have another friend who is looking for one also down in Alabama. I tried to attach a pic but the file was too big.

I own a 28 foot Stryker. I have had it for three years now. I cant find any info on these boats. I was looking to sell it but not sure what its worth. It has a brand new 540 merlin motor,new stringers,bulkheads,transom,paint and interior.

Wobble 04-01-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by dconroy69 (Post 3364993)
I own a 28 foot Stryker. I have had it for three years now. I cant find any info on these boats. I was looking to sell it but not sure what its worth. It has a brand new 540 merlin motor,new stringers,bulkheads,transom,paint and interior.

Post some pictures, always looking to find more of them. How does it run with the 540?

dconroy69 04-01-2011 04:25 PM

it runs awsome with the 540. I will post some pics soon. Do you have any info on how to find a value on these to sell it.

dconroy69 04-01-2011 09:00 PM

Im computer retarted I cant figure out how to put my boat pics on this site

Griswald 04-02-2011 08:42 AM

you will have to host your pics on a 3rd party site and link them to OSO

i.e. photobucket, etc

ducktatts 08-30-2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by offthefront (Post 848599)
Hey guys anyone hear of Stryker Boats ? Made from 1985 til 1998 .. I found a 29 that I was trying to buy and someone bought it before I could get down to see it ....They were built in Huntsville Alabama ....I have tried to find another one but not able to locate one .... I was told that most of them were shipped to Japan . If anyone knows about one anywhere in any condition I would appreciate the info .... Mike .. Jax Fla

i have one for sale it very nice its a 24' 1985 260 merc runs great make an offer its nice

grease 10-12-2011 02:57 PM

hi all, sorry for pulling up older thread but i just got a 1988 hammond stryker and wanted to know if anyone could get me some info on the boats history if i could get the HIN#, and were i could get some small parts for it (switches, levers, ect.) thanks for any help, oh and if anyone could part with of make a copy of a wiring diagram that would save me.

Wobble 10-13-2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by grease (Post 3525691)
hi all, sorry for pulling up older thread but i just got a 1988 hammond stryker and wanted to know if anyone could get me some info on the boats history if i could get the HIN#, and were i could get some small parts for it (switches, levers, ect.) thanks for any help, oh and if anyone could part with of make a copy of a wiring diagram that would save me.

The wiring will be standard mercruiser colors for the year the motor was built, do a search on here for 1988 mercruiser wiring digram for whichever motor you have.

here are the basic colors http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Servmanl/13/13E4R2.PDF

Enough 4 Play 10-13-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone (Post 3205407)
I still have the fastest highest hp 38 ever built. It is also the fastest Stryker of any size. It is completely restored and rigged to the level of a new 38 top gun...or better. EVRYTHING is new. Includes a triple disk trailer and a new set of 598ci 1000hp 3.3L whipple YPM engines. Warranty and maintenence program available on this boat. PM me if interested. New custom built XR's with imco -2 shorties, full hydro steering with stainless tilt helm. New interior cockpit and cuddy. Huge stereo, new guages, mechanical indicators, livorsi race throttles and shifters. New custom made carpet...and on and on... If you want a 100mph boat that wil ride throught the roughest water you can get in and not have to worry about sliding or spinning out a step bottom boat. Then this is it. Get the original Cig 38 top gun non step ride and still have the performance of a new step hull gun with 700+hp at a fraction of the cost. This boat is immaculate and stored inside in a climate controled building ALL the time. Also has a new snap on cockpit cover that you can tow with. Trailer has new tires / with electric over Hydraulic brakes on all axles. It will stop your truck. Also has eletric Jack on the trailer to hook up. Boat needs nothing but a new owner that wants years of trouble free boating with all the bugs out and the boat dialed in. It idles like it has 500's in it and my wife docs the boat with just the shifters and never touches the throttles.

Did you really need to include a picture of your mug. That probably hurt the resale of the boat.