Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cubans Try to Reach Fla. in Floating Car (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70996-cubans-try-reach-fla-floating-car.html)

impulsive 02-05-2004 12:06 PM

Sad thing is with that much creativity, if they made it they would be very successful in this country.

LapseofReason 02-05-2004 12:11 PM

Impulsive did you see Scarface?

AIRTIME 02-05-2004 12:30 PM

With people like that , meaning smart inventive, cuba could have put them good use designing cars or boats for everone, BUT you have to HAVE a FREE county to begin with:eek: :eek: MAYBE C******* with die soon of old age or lead posion:D :D then maybe cuba will be FREE:)

impulsive 02-05-2004 12:38 PM

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
Impulsive did you see Scarface?

good point!;)

Reed Jensen 02-05-2004 12:57 PM

They had to have used paddles on that old Buick... that era Buick had a huge torque tube that was integral with the differential. At least if it was still stock... hahahahha...... Buick nail head engine powers boat/car to florida... too funny

Reed Jensen 02-05-2004 01:00 PM

Jose James from Monstro Casa..... makes car/boat in Cuba.... :eureka:

Roger 1 02-05-2004 01:14 PM

Maybe we should start a new class of offshore racing where you have to drive what your racing to the ramp.:D Oh yeah!.....tail fins.....it has to have tail fins!
:D :D :D

georges 02-05-2004 07:57 PM

I know most of you guys are posting in good fun, however, I need to say this........
The people that are so desperate to get to our shores in any kind of floating or flying contraption they can come up with, are not evil, they are just trying to get away from the mother-----r current dictators, (in Cuba for example, it has been the same"current" MF for about 40 years or so).
In Haiti, the "leader" changes frequently, but does nothing to improve the country's economic situation (how can he, when he is busy trying to set himself up for life!).......
Mexico...........? and there are so many others......
Most of these people love their country, they would not leave if they had economic opportunities at home, but because of the situations at home, they cannot achieve the levels of success that come so easily to us.
They realize that there is a better way of life out there for their families, so they make the decision to go for it!
Some make it and some don't!
Granted, a lot of them now come to suck off the government programs (our tax dollars), but most of the people I know here are hard workers, decent families, and they are the greatest!
They work their butts off, the kids know who their parents are....(yes, both of them, because the father comes home every day, when he is finished working)!
My family came to this country, legally (we waited 5 years for our immigration visa) when I was 13.
You gotta love an offshore Buick!

:D :D :D

georges 02-05-2004 08:08 PM

BTW, it looks like a '59 or '60.:cool:

CAP071 02-05-2004 08:31 PM

I was about to say maybe it was just a sea trial of a new apache! :eek: