5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Destin Report card

Old 11-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,722 Likes on 3,791 Posts
Default Destin Report card

With Merrick Cup worlds in the history books, how about some insight for the everyone who attended, Racer's and Fan's.

What did you like ?

What didnt you like??

What can be done to make next years worlds better??

When voting please give a brief explaination why you gave the grade you did.

Please keep the politics out. Many people come on this board,
a positive or negative remark is the point. Let the event sponsors know what you the racers, or fans expect from a race site>

thanks

Last edited by Pete B; 11-17-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Destin Report card

I had a great time !! There was a good turn out of boats. I would say the spectators were on the light side though,its the off season there. Ive never seen a live TV broadcast that was cool!! Ill be back .

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing I would change would be for the pits to be closer to the condos and the cranes/ramps to be closer to the pits. Other than that ....great job!!
Old 11-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Destin is a beautiful place. The beaches were awesome.
I agree with RG. It was way too spread out.
I spoke with a lot of local vendors and they said they had no idea there was going to be a race there till the Thursday before. I did not feel the racers and fans were as welcome as we nornally are like in Key West and a couple of years ago in Orange Beach. Heck, in OB even the churches had Welcome Racers and Race Fans signs out. I was really disappointed about the parade being canceled just an hour before it was to be held. I know racers that rushed to wash and wax their boats to be ready for it and it was not going to happen. I had a wonderful time, don't get me wrong I just feel Destin was not ready for us.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:28 PM
RHC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I agree with the cowgirl in general ,, I disagree that Destin was not ready for us ,,, I think Destin was fine,,, signs were out ,, people were nice, the live coverage was the best ever and it made the Races fun to watch,, however I did not like the way everything was spread out,,, the dry pits should have been in one parking lot,,, the fans should have been able to find race central , dry pits ,,, and vendors ,,, and walk from one to the other ,,, it was no fun driving 3-4 miles to find the action ,, only to find out the action was at the other end of the strip!!!! ,,,, all in all , I am glad I went to Destin over that other place that I love sooooo much ,,, 14 straight yrs at Key West,,,,,

RHC
Old 11-17-2006, 05:28 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was great, it had everything you needed; the best boats, the best racing and warm weather.... i also wish that the pits/crane/race course were closer together, but if you looked around, there just wasn't such a place, 70+ race teams and the hardware that comes with that isn't easy to cram in just any old spot...
Old 11-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with RG as well and to bad there wasnt a general spectator area available for everyone to go and watch together instead of from there individual condo balconys...but still gave it 2 thumbs up
Old 11-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
, but if you looked around, there just wasn't such a place, 70+ race teams and the hardware that comes with that isn't easy to cram in just any old spot...

Actually .... I scoped out two different places that would have worked. Now whether those places would have agreed to it, I dont know. However, I think the draw to put that many people in front of a store would be a pretty good sales pitch... unless they would be afraid of having that many people in front of their store
Old 11-17-2006, 05:48 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Actually .... I scoped out two different places that would have worked. Now whether those places would have agreed to it, I dont know. However, I think the draw to put that many people in front of a store would be a pretty good sales pitch... unless they would be afraid of having that many people in front of their store
they might not of wanted our kind of "crowd" hangin out in front of their places at all hours...
Old 11-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,722 Likes on 3,791 Posts

Keep the comments coming, knowing the likes and dislikes of a event can help the promoter for future events. AS Fans you obviously have a passion for offshore racing, thanks again for posting your comments!

Quick Reply: Destin Report card

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.