Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain Does 156.9 MPH (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71187-fountain-does-156-9-mph.html)

Back4More 02-08-2004 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Get spanked by Fountains much...envy, envy, boo hoo.

cigarette1 02-08-2004 02:11 PM

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
No I asked who built the boat he is using. Him or Skater.
That shouldn't matter. What should matter is whether the bottom was pulled from a production mold. Power is power and decks are decks ... the bottom has to handle the speed. I doubt anyone would try to run 160 in a potato chip, so really it's about putting a boat together that will allow the bottom to show what it's capable of.

So in regards to the question about a Baja ..... No :D

G

LapseofReason 02-08-2004 02:12 PM

I'am sorry I believe we are comparing power boat to power boat, They both compete in the same classes with the same rules, just because one cost more doesn't change a dam thing, just because more people can afford a Fountain doesn't change a dam thing. If it is the same we compare it. Just like we compare coffee I would never go to a Starbuck's and pay 3.50 for a cup when I can go to 7-11 and get the same thing for .50, but there are a lot of people that do because when they compare it they feel that one is better.

And if somebody else (Skater) built the Fountain we can't get it, What would you be saying about OL if they had somebody else build their boat?

StrikinLightnin 02-08-2004 02:12 PM

WHAAA WHAAA WHAAA ;) ;) ;)

SLINGSHOT 02-08-2004 02:26 PM

IN ALL REALITY HOW MANY PEOPLE CONCERNED WILL REALLY DROP 500K TO 800K FOR ONE OF THESE BOATS..? NOT MANY SO WHY GET ALL YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH? ITS A NICE DREAM BUT COME ON :rolleyes:

LapseofReason 02-08-2004 02:38 PM

I am that is why I feel it's a big deal. I will be dropping around 400K in the next month or so then in 2-3 years closer to 700K. And I think it's a huge deal that the boat I read about or ride in is the same or better for what I am spending. I know I can buy the same boat that OL is going to use for the record run. If the boat Reggie is using can't be had no matter what it's just wrong. Unless he tells you that the boat you are buying has no chance at going as fast as this one because we built it .

waterspeed 02-08-2004 02:50 PM

Oh boy...things should really get interesting when the ice thaws in Rhode Island!!!

Enjoy your "certified" speed while it lasts Reggie....

sauron 02-08-2004 02:54 PM

OK waterspeed. Watch out. And lapse of reason why don't you just go buy the OL and call this quits. Its getting old. Great job Fountain and IF OL resets it then great job OL. Running 160 in any boat cat or v is something to be proud of.

SLINGSHOT 02-08-2004 03:03 PM

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
I am that is why I feel it's a big deal. I will be dropping around 400K in the next month or so then in 2-3 years closer to 700K. And I think it's a huge deal that the boat I read about or ride in is the same or better for what I am spending. I know I can buy the same boat that OL is going to use for the record run. If the boat Reggie is using can't be had no matter what it's just wrong. Unless he tells you that the boat you are buying has no chance at going as fast as this one because we built it .
please posts pics of your ride when you drop that 400k

mcollinstn 02-08-2004 03:05 PM

Why do you guys think Reggie can't lay up a good hull. I disagree. Randy Scism disagrees. Reggie laid up some good MTIs in his shop. Good materials, good process, good hulls.

It's not an issue of whether he "can" or not. If the record hull was laid up in Douglas' shop, if it was Reggie's mold, then it's Reggie's hull. If it was a "one off" from a filled and dammed mold with a lot of chopping and dramatic hand-work THEN it becomes an issue.

I think we are all comfortable with the idea that the OL and Fountain record hulls probably had a lot of sharpening and detailing after they popped out of the mold. BUT if either of the hulls is DIFFERENT than what you could duplicate from a production mold, then I care and it becomes a raceboat.