If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    1996 Fountain 42Lightning
    Originally posted by outer42
    guess you guys hate the facts!!!!!! can't you come up with something intelligent or did we max out your iq???
    More IQ than you can even count to pal.
    Or can you count?

156.9 CRY ALL YOU WANT
    Last edited by StrikinLightnin; 02-09-2004 at 08:58 AM.

Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Manahawkin, NJ
    Jeez, does it ever stop?
    Congrats to Reggie.
    Good luck to Mike in trying to get it back.
    Don't anyone get killed trying.
    End of my post.

My Boats:
    42 GTX OL
    i can count mike's 160 is faster than reggie and reggie knows it. thats why reggie took his ball home and played by himself.

Registered Gold Member DoTheMath's Avatar
    Ma. / Lake Winni., NH

Re: Re: FYI----- The Best is yet to come!!!

Originally posted by Troutly
    Errrrrr, can someone 'splain to me how this set-up would work? Any why you would want to do it?
    Trout, check out Weismann's new set up, (in line motor config.) very cool. Lucas Oil is running them in their Scarab.

Incredible speeds for both boats. Congrats to both for their hard work & dedication. An accomplishment for anyone whom can go that fast or faster in a V Bottom.

Lapse, I was on what I beleive was 42OL at the AC boat show. Had 6's & Big Cobra's. Im just under 6' and could not stand in it. Had to tilt head to walk around. More head room in my 42 Sonic, and the head in my Sonic was bigger. Fit/Finish, paint was awesome on the OL....but at $700k +.... cant see it or justify the huge costs.

There also was a 37 with 525's. Runs 95gps. List was just under $600k. Show price mid $450's. A ton of $$$ to run 95mph.

Also checked out the Fountains. The 48 cruiser was very impressive ! Very nice boat. I beleive Trenton Marine was offering both the OL & the Fountains.

Rule of thumb.....someones also faster, no matter what you have or build. I just cant justify the prices for the OL. Not bashing em...Mike's products are very are Reggies. If they can fetch those prices & get em, more power to em..... my opinion, having an OL is just bragging rights. Very nice boats, but I like the interior/layout of my 42 Sonic over the OL. More ammenities and functionality for how we boat.

Its all in what you want & how you boat. Good luck with your quest..... and good luck to both Fountain & OL. Hopefully no one will get hurt in this competition.

VIP Member VIP Member Back4More's Avatar
    My Boats:
    353 Fastech
    Lake Michigan
    Nothin like pissin off the OL boys...
    Your boats are the nicest looking, highest quality, most expensive, most impressive, but second fastest....
    deal with it.

My Boats:
    98 NORTECH 5000V
    Stafford Va.
    TeamSonic 42 I know the cabin in ours is bigger, the head is a lot bigger but if you just going to use the head it's fine, I have never showered in my boat nor has anybody else so it don't have to be that big. I can't stand up in any boat except for a BT.

When I got my 42 I was towing the boat an hour to the water Friday night and staying out all week end on the boat, so I needed a turn key family boat. Now that I live on the water I come home to go to bed so I don't need the same things any more. I really only need a half cabin with a head, I would like to still have a gen. and A/C. I don't need a micro. or fridge any more.

I could care less about bragging about what boat I have, I love my Sonic but if you have ever ridden or drove a OL you will know why I want one.

I think all boats new are over priced, I got my 42 new and that was the first and last boat I buy new. I am shopping in the 350K range That will get me an 00-02 42 with nice power with big drives. Just about any other boat that is close to the OL used with that power is close to the same price. Plus the OL hold it's value a little better. I also am not worried about being the fastest I know that wont happen.

My Boats:
    2000 24 Pantera
    Jupiter, Fl
    Nice Job Reggie!
    Hey Marc, I guess you can let the no canopy, no race rule you applied to yourself slide when its Bill Gazell.
    Good luck!

Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC
    Congratulations to both Fountain and OL.......By overpowering their hulls to the max..and driving them beyond the realm of reason.....albeit skillfully....... and at great personal risk......they are now officially 50 MPH slower than a Skater cat.

While I respect this effort....the more I review it...the more I fail to see the point.

Vees are slower than cats......and pushing their envelope.....accomplishes......what?

My Boats:
    yeah....that one

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast