Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain Does 156.9 MPH (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71187-fountain-does-156-9-mph.html)

dreamboater 02-11-2004 10:47 AM

Hauling trash, fountain certainly deserves credit for what they accomplished. However, dont discredit OL for making a faster average run. Its for bragging rights, and something tells me if you run them side by side the OL would have one that day. I am not saying Reggie doesnt have something to counter, but just basing it off of those 2 boats. If Mike Fiore was telling the truth when he stated Reggie or Fountain gave him his word not to run a "midnight run" and he did anyway, what does that say about Fountain? Everyone was calling it good marketing on Reggie's behalf, so why is it not good marketing on OL's part?

Shane 02-11-2004 10:47 AM

Originally posted by T2x
When they begin to disintegrate............:p

Just kidding..... and....... actually that's a great question........ I watch "Jet Set" roar around Barnegat Bay and a I cringe.......... I like Mike Fusco...and I respect his boat and driving skills....and his cajones.....but there is a definite time limit to how many minutes or hours a human being can roar around at or above 150 mph. At that speed a floating bottle, errant wind gust, or unseen roller can spell disaster...not to mention father time...... How long before the laminates in his hull give up the ghost?

To the point ..........a cat requires one of two things to gain speed......an angle of attack that creates significant lift beneath and above the hull...... or substantial power sufficient to drive over the water with minimal trim... (see Jet Set above). Either approach has a finite limit, although the second is significantly higher than the first.

The devil is in the details....... for instance Kilo Kat has gone well over 200 mph and survived. Therefore under specific conditions you can say that he did that feat "safely". However, if Johnny had over trimmed, or a prop/motor/drivetrain seized, or a sponson delaminated or a lateral wake grabbed his forward entry awkwardly..... the result would have been catastrophic.

So where then do the lines of common sense cross the lines of capability?........... probably 30 mph below where we are right now.......but , more specifically, the limits are higher for a cat than a vee....and higher for a 3 or 4 point hydro ...than a cat.

We are strictly in la la land IMHO......... and I offer my condolences in advance to the loved ones left behind....and pray that no one ever receives them.

T2x

Probably one of the BEST posts EVER on OSO!

bojoe2 02-11-2004 01:52 PM

VERY TRUE DREAM BOATER

Hauling Trash 02-11-2004 04:30 PM

Originally posted by dreamboater
Hauling trash, fountain certainly deserves credit for what they accomplished. However, dont discredit OL for making a faster average run. Its for bragging rights, and something tells me if you run them side by side the OL would have one that day. I am not saying Reggie doesnt have something to counter, but just basing it off of those 2 boats. If Mike Fiore was telling the truth when he stated Reggie or Fountain gave him his word not to run a "midnight run" and he did anyway, what does that say about Fountain? Everyone was calling it good marketing on Reggie's behalf, so why is it not good marketing on OL's part?

You Should get your FACTS Right

dreamboater 02-11-2004 09:17 PM

care to elaborate on that comment? which facts are incorrect?

dreamboater 02-11-2004 09:28 PM

Understand, I was not bashing fountain as I never have. Just turning the tables a bit from last week. It was fair for Fountain but not Outerlimits?

Moisture-Missil 02-12-2004 07:52 PM

Did YAAAAAALLL SEEEE the VIDIO. Damn CAN YOU SAY (SMOKIN) I bet you can.

Moisture-Missil 02-12-2004 08:12 PM

Chaser Rocks (ttt)

dreamboater 02-13-2004 07:33 AM

That boat was rock solid at those speeds. Reggie still knows how to throttle a boat.

Moisture-Missil 02-13-2004 07:54 PM

Originally posted by dreamboater
That boat was rock solid at those speeds. Reggie still knows how to throttle a boat.
The Man can BACK IT UP, also