Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain Does 156.9 MPH (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71187-fountain-does-156-9-mph.html)

ragtop409 02-13-2004 08:49 PM

OK 9 pages of Bull Chit bickering and not one photo of the boat. YOU GUYS ALL SUCK ROTTEN EGG'S!

Rag's

Havasu Cig 02-13-2004 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Jeff Harris who was with Reggie is no slouch at running a boat either.

You guys are bantering over nothing. Who has the fastest V has been going on for a lot longer than most of us have been boating...well maybe not for T2X!

Fountain has awesome marketing and will probably win the war of getting the consumer to remember Fountain as the fastest. That is what successful marketing is all about.

Personally, I love the competition and wait to see who is going to one up the next. reminds me of back in the early to mid 90's of the Fountain vs. Scarab kilo runs. BTW those were all sanctioned by APBA not just some guy in the boat looking at a GPS!

So right now in my book Fountain holds the record again with the Worlds fastest V because there run was sanctioned by SBI.

Also look at it this way...between Outerlimits and Fountain there has not been another V bottom to even come close! Where is Cigarette, Donzi, Apache, Formula and the host of others that build a 38' plus v bottom? Come on guys step up! How fast are you?

I Love my Top Gun, and the "worls fastest V bottom" title does nothing for me as far as choosing a boat. I would pick a Cig, Donzi ZR, or Formula before I bought a Fountain. That is just my opinion, but I am not a big Fountain fan. The Fountain that Reggie is using to set these records is not even close to the boat you are going to buy from him.

Outerlimits on the other hand is in a different league in my opinion. If you purchase a boat from them it will be much closer to the boat they are using to set records. They are a company that builds "custom" boats. They are not a production boat like Foutain.

I was going to stay out of this, but when you start throwing down Quality boats such as Cig, Donzi, and Formula because they are not trying to set speed records, I think you need a reality check.

If I was going to buy a boat for flat out speed, I would go back to a cat. Just my.02. :rolleyes:

Moisture-Missil 02-14-2004 08:10 AM

Originally posted by ragtop409
OK 9 pages of Bull Chit bickering and not one photo of the boat. YOU GUYS ALL SUCK ROTTEN EGG'S!

Rag's

The Internet is a wonderful thing. Photo's at Foutainpowerboats.com check it out.

Hauling Trash 02-14-2004 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)

10x 02-14-2004 10:03 AM

Well said Mike.

Hauling Trash 02-14-2004 12:09 PM

It was sanctioned by SBI . I was there

Hauling Trash 02-14-2004 12:10 PM

Go to the SBI web site and see for your self.

www.superboat.com

Mike

BLee 02-14-2004 12:39 PM

I have been misinformed then. Why the hell are these guys here still questioning everything I wonder. It's like a damn circus down here.

Sorry guys, carry on.

dhlaw 02-14-2004 05:37 PM

Yaeh, the reggie/SBI team's credibility is second to none...........NOT.

Havasu Cig 02-14-2004 08:24 PM

Fever Mike,

If you think that the production 42 Lightning that you are going to buy from your local Fountain dealer is anywhere near the same boat that Fountain just set a record with, you are sadely misinformed.

My 2001 T/S Gun is much closer to the F-2 Cigs that were being raced, then the any of the production Fountains are to their race boats.

I did read your post several times, and I still get the impression that you don't think Cig, Donzi, and Formula are up to the standards of Fountan or OL because they are not going for a speed record.

Again, this is just my opinion. :cool: