Wellcraft

and many more are all invited....

Show who is the fastest:

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SPEED CROWNS!

Saturday June 19, 2004 at High Noon

Hudson River, NYC

New York City Poker Run 2004 Information Link

Be in it to win it!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 02-16-2004 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Havasu Cig
Fever Mike,

If you think that the production 42 Lightning that you are going to buy from your local Fountain dealer is anywhere near the same boat that Fountain just set a record with, you are sadely misinformed.

My 2001 T/S Gun is much closer to the F-2 Cigs that were being raced, then the any of the production Fountains are to their race boats.

I did read your post several times, and I still get the impression that you don't think Cig, Donzi, and Formula are up to the standards of Fountan or OL because they are not going for a speed record.

Again, this is just my opinion.

The Fountain boat that set the record is a 40` Fountain( they cut the swim platform off) But it is a 42` stock hull YES stock.

Mike
Old 02-15-2004, 08:47 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by Hauling Trash
The Fountain boat that set the record is a 40` Fountain( they cut the swim platform off) But it is a 42` stock hull YES stock.

Mike
Stock

Mike,

It is a race boat. No cabin. Full race. From what I was told the bottom has been replaced after Znetix was done with it.

So what do you mean by stock?

The design?

Old 02-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like an answer to that one as well.

I have been in and driven stock, off the showroom floor Fountains.

I have had a chance to crawl around one Fountain race boat, and have been around several others.

IMO the race boats do not look anything like the production boats with the exception of the beak.

I drove an 03 35 with 500's at 88 mph, and I would hate to push that boat much farther. The thing was not nearly as stable as my Cig. It had a bad tendency to chine walk in the smooth water we were in, unless you used the tabs.

My Cig will run smooth with out the use of tabs, and I rarely need them. Semper Fi from the boards, and myself, know the dealer who was selling the above boat, and he let us take it out and run it. We both came back a little dissapointed in the stability.

The fit and finish on the boat was a little dissapointing as well, and some the hardware looked a little cheap to me. I was thinking for the price of the boat, which was in the low 200k range, I would buy a used Gun instead.
The executioner for 149k seems like a great deal, but that is a different boat.

To each his own, but I don't think you can compare the boats Reggie are running with the ones on the floor at your local dealer. Again, this is just my opinion.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Registered

Here is a quote from one of your fellow Fountain owners from the Cig forum...

"I'm spreading the word. I have a fountain now and it is fast (100+). Screwed (laminated) together so poorly I am afraid to run it at speed for fear of it coming apart."

"Now I am moving to Cig. Primarily for build quality."

Old 02-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered

Angry

Originally posted by Havasu Cig
Here is a quote from one of your fellow Fountain owners from the Cig forum...

"I'm spreading the word. I have a fountain now and it is fast (100+). Screwed (laminated) together so poorly I am afraid to run it at speed for fear of it coming apart."

"Now I am moving to Cig. Primarily for build quality."

Well if you want bring up chit; When I was Younger I had a cig I liked it , Me and some buddies runnin from Holiday Isle to home. runnin good two to four foot seas, all of a sudden six to eight, Fiberglass flyin before I could back down. 1998 was the year
Old 02-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Registered

Not trying to start $hit. I guess I took your comment of "step up to the plate" when reffering to Cig, Donzi and Formula wrong.

....And Moisture Missile, that was a direct quote from one of your fellow Fountain brothers.

Have a good day.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Sharkey:

You even mentioning JOKER made my day. BH
Old 02-16-2004, 09:11 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by THEJOKER
Sharkey:

You even mentioning JOKER made my day. BH
As I was running the alphabet and Joker Powerboats was the 1st to come to mind for the letter J.

Old 02-17-2004, 08:51 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Lest I be thought of as "Johnny One Note"....I'll add two things to this discussion.

1. While I may consistently point out that cats are faster than vees.....I also consistently point out that hydros (3 and 4 point) are faster than cats...... And a brief aside....flat bottom monohulls and pad bottom vees are also faster than standard vees.......and lower deadrise vees are faster than higher deadrise vees.

2. I applaud the fact that both OL and Fountain are carrying out this effort......in canopied boats.

T2x

P.S. If boat (a) and boat (b) engage in a speed contest with equal power and boat (a) wins.....is boat (a) "faster"? ........ subsequently if boat (b) adds more power in a later speed run and posts a higher speed than boat (a)....does that mean boat (b) has suddenly become "faster"?....... I'm missing something here.

Last edited by T2x; 02-17-2004 at 08:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Fountain Does 156.9 MPH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.