Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No >

Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No

Notices
View Poll Results: Should Boats For Sale Section Stay?
Yes
91.95%
No
4.60%
Impulsive is a moron....
3.45%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No

Old 02-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 852 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally posted by impulsive
My main point was that people do like the forum part of the boats for sale section because it give members an opportunity to discuss the boats. I also think it gives people piece of mind buying a boat from somebody on OSO rather than somewhere else.
I agree, is there any way to add these features to the classifieds? The classifieds as it stands now reminds me of boattraderonline, very sterile and you have no idea who the posting person is and no ability to engage in discussions.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you incorporate a response section in the other classified section so that those who want to post a question could do so?
Old 02-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

well . . .i for one have been happy with the evolution of the board since i have been a member. we've seen alot of changes and they pretty much all panned out for the better. granted i tend to look at the "boats for sale" forum more than the classifieds but i think i will like the auction format better. i do like the ability to ask seller questions in the forum and it would be nice to have this ability in the new auction style format but i have also gotten the same results with private messaging. will the "parts wanted" forum be affected? oh an about when will it be up? thanks
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Registered

The Auction/Classifieds has many new features and we will do our best to keep the feeling of the friendly atmosphere.

Impulsive, you are not the one that called us greedy, read the posts carefully. No offense taken by what you said.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally posted by OffshoreOnly
It is about putting the right things in the right place and not having Commercial businesses buy memberships in lieu of advertising.
Oh, now I see your point. It's not about money at all

Sorry, But I could not resist

I really do not care about paying, but call it for what it is. If OSO needs the money to keep going or you want to make some money for all the hard work you have put into it fine. You have filled a need in the marketplace and it continues to grow. You should be proud of it and make some money on it (or stop losing money on it). You deserve it.

But I just cannot buy it's not about the money
Old 02-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Registered

I am so tired of some of you tight-wads on this board. You ***** and moan about the fees on here. If you guys are so tight about spending $35-$40 or whatever the membership fees are on here, how can you guys part with all the money you burn in gas and maintenance? OSO is a business. Businesses advertise and always look for additional inflows of cash. They see people abusing the website and it is costing them money. They should change it. IF you don't like it, go elsewhere. It is funny that the majority of the bicthing and moaning is coming from people that have joined in the last two years or so. You guys don't know what this site was like in the beginning and how well the board gods have improved it. I will take the time to thank them for what they have given us and will be happy to give them the membership fee each year. IF you don't like, go to one of the other boards and put up with all that bs for free.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

whoe dude, chill.

One post talked about greed... the rest of the posts are about liking the format and the discussions among the members surrounding the boats.

I was around during the V1.0 days also... relax, we all like the improvements, we also like to give back what we think makes this the place to be. I have seen the pro's skate into the forum too and ruin it.

I think they need to remove the soapbox too... oh wait, that's a major feature also!
Old 02-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Registered

I am not just talking about this post. It is everywhere. "I can't see pics without paying, that is bs" kind of stuff. What about the people complaining about the OSO ad in Powerboat? That is what I am talking about.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

Funny how the ad in Powerboat drove a lot of qualified people to this site to buy the very parts and boats people are complaining about.

If they only knew how much that ad really costs us. But that is all part of the unappreciated efforts. Keeping relationships with Magazines to get the perks. Actually just got shipment of 200 Powerboat Calendars, think I will give them to the Salvation Army.

I think the concept of $14.95 per month to even see a post is sounding pretty good. No more advertisers. I will just sit and swipe credit cards.

I recently went to buy a new boat and the prices were pretty high in my opinion. I decided it was out of my price range. Maybe I will go back and tell the owner how to run his business and that he is greedy and all about the money. Or maybe if I like the product I should buy it or go down the street to something in my price range. I would not expect the owner to build me a boat at the price I want just because I want one.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Registered

I would be more than happy to take one of those calendars off your hands. I would buy one, but I spent all my money on my OSO membership.

Quick Reply: Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.