Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71205-boat-sale-section-yes-no.html)

US1 Fountain 02-08-2004 09:19 PM

Originally posted by OffshoreOnly
But that is all part of the unappreciated efforts. ....Actually just got shipment of 200 Powerboat Calendars, think I will give them to the Salvation Army.

Trust me, your efforts are more than appreciated from my standpoint, with the exception of the uncensured section. I just don't think this is the right place for it. But the members voted, you accomodated.

Now why do you guys need 200 calanders?
The Salvation Army won't miss 1 of them if it made it's way to my house instead.
:eureka:

GOOD JOB!

OffshoreOnly 02-08-2004 10:02 PM

Fountain, the Calendars were donated by Powerboat to be given to the OSO members that attended the Miami Boat Show Party.

OffshoreOnly 02-08-2004 10:09 PM

Fountain, the Calendars were donated by Powerboat to be given to the OSO members that attended the Miami Boat Show Party.

SS930 02-08-2004 10:32 PM

Re: Re: I LIKE IT!

Originally posted by SS930
I'll say it since no one else will:
There's NO reason to get rid of the forum other than greed.:(
OSO is already the only forum I know of that you need to pay to see pictures.

I said it and I spoke my mind. Call me an AH, cheap, or whatever you want (sure can't call me a kiss azz though :D). To say this section is being eliminated because of bandwidth is hogwash. There are MUCH larger "waste" forums within OSO yet they remain... you all know what I'm talking about. Hell there are people on OSO that post whore all the time and this wastes bandwidth, are they being eliminated also?

I'm sure I'll be poofed soon for making these comments, but I'm doing so because I believe in freedom of speech. I'm not trying to disrespect Steve or OSO. I was simply speaking my mind which I know is supported by others based on the multiple emails I received after making my initial post. I love OSO and most of the members here. I'm a paying member so obviously I see value in paying to use OSO. Granted, I probably donate more to all of the other forums I visit since I understand it costs them money to run those sites and most people don't contribute so I donate heavily to support their unsolicited efforts. I will continue to contribute to OSO as long as the rates remain at a level that I find to be reasonable (assuming I don't get poofed first :D ).

I just don't understand why this section is being eliminated. By looking at the poll results it obviously isn't being supported by the members. If you look at OSO as just a business, then its members are the customers. Seems pretty clear that the consumers want an interactive forum. If one or two people are running a business out of their garage and abusing the forum, then they should be contacted and notified that their offerings are out of control. Please don't close the forum down because of one or two abusers, IF this is the reason for shutting the forum down.

OffshoreOnly 02-08-2004 10:45 PM

SS, your right the bandwidth is not the point. It is the abuse that is almost uncontrollable and the confusion (first and foremost).

As far as the poll goes I have not even bothered to look at the results as this topic has been argued for two years and with our new Classified/Auction coming soon there is a time that it has to be stopped.

puder 02-08-2004 10:52 PM

steve is definatly NOT greedy. He's done a hel of alot for this site and under his tenure its grown by leaps and bounds.

keep up the good work.

SS930 02-08-2004 11:02 PM

Steve,

I'm sorry to see that a few bad apples have ruined it for all of us. And yes, there is confusion with the two forums (I didn't realize they both existed for the first few months I was here before I became a member).

I think the real issue from the members side is making sure the new format is interactive. PLEASE do whatever it takes to preserve this feature because this is what we all want most. This is VERY valuable to us as consumers...

BTW, I love the auction idea.

Please accept my apologies if indeed these are the only two reasons for the change.

Regards,
Scott

OffshoreOnly 02-08-2004 11:19 PM

Scott,

the interactive has been the reason for wanting to keep it. we will do the best we can. The new Classified even has a feature so that the Gold and Platinum Member can get a discount on ads as compared to the people who only use the classifieds section. There is also a wanted section.

impulsive 02-08-2004 11:27 PM

Jesus, I 'm sorry I posted this now. I didn't want to start WWW 3.

I think the point that people wanted to make is that the forum idea of the section is nice, nothing more nothing less. I'm sure you guys have put a lot of time and thought into the new format and i'm sure it will be fine when it is done.

I know my first post included the word " money " in it. However, it was not meant in a negative way. I did not know the reasons behind removing the section and now I do. That is what a forum is for,,, isn't it? I think all that people were concerned about was keeping some of the positive aspects of the old section.

impulsive 02-08-2004 11:31 PM

Come on steve, you know you saw the poll because you voted for C.:D :D