Unselfishness at 2004 HOC luncheon >

Unselfishness at 2004 HOC luncheon

Notices

Unselfishness at 2004 HOC luncheon

Old 02-03-2004, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Unselfishness at 2004 HOC luncheon

For those who didn't get to go, I had the fortune of attending the HOC award ceremony in Milwaukee this past weekend. Yes the food was good. Yes most of the speeches were...um...just speeches. But I wanted to point out the absolute MOST unselfish thing anyone could have done while accepting this kind of honor. First, Congrats to Mark Kowalski and Gino Marrone in the F1-10 for their induction into the HOC. Second, I believe they dedicated their inductions to a fallen racer, Tim Walter of the Erie Stinger, and gave their award plaques to his family. In return they were given a collage picture of Tim's boats from his family with a touching inscription as to their induction into the HOC. Very few dry eyes in the house I tell you. Tremendous admiration and "props" to not only thank those who help you win, but to those whom you race against!

Way to go!
Old 02-03-2004, 10:28 AM
BK
Registered

The Hall Of Champions luncheon brings out some of the most memorable moments I've ever witnessed in all my years in boat racing. Laughter and tears and swelling pride from the families - it's just awesome. One of the best functions I've ever had the honor to attend.

I'm sure Mark and Gino's acts will leave profound memories for a lot of people. Kudos to them!! WTG!
Old 02-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Registered

Mark has asked me to post the following for him:

On behalf of myself, my family, and our race team I would like to once again extend our most sincere congratulations to Mark Kowalski and Gino Marrone in the F1-10 Winnebago/Red Devil on their induction into the APBA Hall of Champions. Their unselfish kindness of dedicating their hard earned and prestigious award in the memory of our fallen racer, friend, and father has touched us so much more than words will ever be able to express. We were greatly surprised and honored by such a heartfelt sentiment. Mark and Gino's expression of sincere kindness at Team Erie Stinger's loss will always be remembered. These two gentlemen are excellent examples of what the Offshore and Great Lakes Silver Cup Series families are all about.

True racers, true friends, and true family!
Congratulations and Thank You So Very Much!!

P5-88 Erie Stinger
Mark L. Walters
Owner/Throttles

I would only add that our team and family were not the only ones remembered on Saturday - the loss of Jack Stoerrle, Steve Simon, Dennis Cavanaugh, and several others in the racing world in 2003 were noted and that their families remain in all of our thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Registered

TTT
Old 02-05-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Marc and Gino are Class acts and this does not suprise me one bit
Old 02-09-2004, 11:25 PM
BK
Registered