one hell of a deal, but suspicious >

one hell of a deal, but suspicious

Notices

one hell of a deal, but suspicious

Old 02-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default one hell of a deal, but suspicious

I was looking for a new car to keep down in florida and if found an ad for a benz sl 55 mint condition for $20,000.knowing what the car is worth I emailed the seller and said call me right now and let me know were in new york it is and i will come get it tonight. she did not call but sent me this email

Hi,
Thank you for your e-mail.My name is Margaret Fenzzi and i am glad you are interested on my Mercedes-Benz:SL-Class.Well,I have to let you know that the Mercedes-Benz:SL-Class is in perfect shape, and it has only 6287 miles and a clear US title. The car has no flaws,scratches or dents, it is in showroom condition. l always took good care of it,I drove it mostly on highway, and I'm the original owner. Because of my work I had to move in Lisabon, Portugal 5 months ago with my familly and I took the Mercedes-Benz:SL-Class with me. The price that I hope to obtain is $20000 US( the car worth lot more then the price that I'm asking, but is it registerd in US, and I need to sell it fast because I have urgent need of money and also registering it here will take much time) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction. The car will be crated and shipped with FedEx 3 days air insurred, but if you preffer DHL or other service please let me know. I usually use FedEx and I never had a problem or long delay.
For the reason that you will pay the money transfer fees, I will cover all shipping taxes,the actual shipping and handeling as well as insurance charges to your door.
I accept a refundable(in case that you don't like the car of for some reason you don't want to keep it but I'm sure that this won't happen) deposit of $4500 US, and as soon as I check that you deposited the prepay I will send you the car and close the add. After you will receive the car and check it, you'll have to deposit the rest of the money in maximum 10 days and I will send you the title for it.
I prefer money order because in this way i will ship the car in the same day you deposit the prepay. Please send me an email if you are interrested in purchasing the product and I will send you an additional e-mail with further details.
Thank you,
Margaret.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default scam

it's a scam, once you deposit they take the cash...your hosed. they stole the ebay identity

maxximus
Old 02-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

That is way way way to suspicious. My dad is used Mercedes dealer. That car is worth a lot more than 20K IF it is the real deal. Something isn't right. Are you looking for a Benz?

LS JR.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that car is worth over 100k, but it did not cost me anything to reply to the ad, you never know when a pissed off divorced wife would sell there husbands car like that. and I am just the guy to snag a deal like that. I do it with houses all the time.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Are you looking for an SL55?

LS JR.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes, the pissed off wife syndrome

Several years ago I bought a super nice M5 Beemer for 10k from a pissed off wife!

Does sound like a scam.

Kurt
Old 02-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scam!!!! Scam!!!! If you can't see the car or the title... It's a scam!!! I can imagine the car being discounted for a fast sale... but this smells of scam.... did she even fax you a copy of the title? Or send you a picture of it?... Scam!
Old 02-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's too expensive. I bought my SL55 for only $11K rom a lady in Iran and they included overnight FedEX shipment....not just 3-day. If you are interested, I would sell it to you for $12K. Please forward me a $4500 deposit to my account. Once that is cleared, we can complete the transaction.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Walk away....just walk away.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

SCAM!! I saw something similar on Autotrader.com not long ago on a GMC Denili. I e-mail Autotrader and they responded to me pretty quickly saying that they were sorry and that they can't guarantee every ad then said it had been removed!!

So you might pass it along!! It might help out a little!!

Quick Reply: one hell of a deal, but suspicious

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.