Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   From Fountain's web site (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71353-fountains-web-site.html)

PhantomChaos 02-09-2004 05:45 PM

It's all fun competition until somebody gets dead.

damdonzi 02-09-2004 05:57 PM

Was this taped for TV or photographed for any of the magazines?

dreamboater 02-09-2004 05:58 PM

Thats, rolling but another 15mph. Come on?? I would like to see it, I think it would be great for the industry. Didnt Fountain and Scarab battle for speed records many years ago? This almost reminds me of that.

LapseofReason 02-09-2004 06:05 PM

Re: Re: From Fountain's web site

Originally posted by SS930
I thought this wasn't going to be considered a "world record" run as explained by someone who did the research and posted the "facts"??? :rolleyes:

If indeed Mike and Reggie had the conversation that Mike claims they did, I'd call this a real cheap shot. I'd love to get the two of them side by side and hear it from the horses mouth.

Either way, congratulations to Fountain!:cool:

That is what I wondering also.
Too Old said he called SBI and he said they told him that it was just for certified time not the record.I never said I talked to them or anybody for that matter. Like I said before in many post, I don't care who has the record, just that it was done in a boat that the consumer could buy if they wanted, and one built by the person saying it's theirs.

I got bashed picked on and given chit the last two days just for asking a ? Granted I asked it over and over again just to get called a baby or to shut up, When what should have happened is answer the ? or don't say anything.I have never given anybody on this board a hard time except Catmando and he deserved it. I don't think is says anything to bash somebody over a computer, if you have a problem with me find me and face me in person.

Once I got the answer I quit asking and said thank you to the person that provided the info.

My only ? 's now is with the info on Fountains web site.

Is it a Record?

Did Reggie go back on his word not to have a private run?

Did Mike Fiore lie about what he said Reggie told him?

10x 02-09-2004 06:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: From Fountain's web site

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
[B]That is what I wondering also.

Did Mike Fiore lie about what he said Reggie told him? [/

B]
Has anyone, ever known anyone in the boating industry, to have ever told a lie??????? Or maybe just not exactly word for word????? Just my $.02

BTW.......... Glad to see everyone's back in their place again........ I mean about who's fastest.

GO4BROKE 02-09-2004 07:04 PM

I like the competition heating up. We should see some great boats/speeds out of it. A grudge match is more interesting to watch.

LapseofReason 02-09-2004 07:08 PM

We all believe you Too Old. I wonder what the deal was ?

LapseofReason 02-09-2004 07:27 PM

I wonder if OL is trying to setup a run somewhere on the east coast before this weekend?
I don't know how long it takes but everything they need is already over here.
I wonder if OL called SBI also and was told the same thing you were?
It seems he did not have the right to be there but could have been if invited.

dreamboater 02-09-2004 08:31 PM

According to Reggie he cant run the boat because it never raced in SBI. I know Bob Russell's boat did so I am assuming thats why they ran his boat. Anyone else know the story behind that?

Ron P 02-09-2004 08:57 PM

If a certified boat speed is the highest speed ever attained, wouldn't that be called a record?

Yes, this little battle between Fountain and OL is great for everyone. However, I don't believe the fountain boat raced in the class that it ran in the Kilo. Super V didn't run blowers this year. Super V unlimited (SBI) runs blowers but no boats ran in that class this past year according to the SBI site. This is all splitting hairs and should not detract from Reggie's huge numbers.

Mike F is at the Miami show but look for his run in Rhode Island once the ice melts. If your in Miami, take a look at the new xXx boat. I'm sure it's ready to run. Just turn the key.