If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    was a 89" Formula 311-SR1
    In the Mountains
    I think the overall quality on the Formula is much better. The Formula has nicer "appointments". It is a larger boat than the "equivilent" Fountain, and thus will not be quite as fast. In rough water, the Formula will give you a little more comfortable ride. Unless the last mph is the most important factor I would without question go with the Formula. As others have said, some of the other boats mentioned above are great rides.

My Boats:
    38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
    Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland, Cape Coral, FL
    I have a 35 classic and love it. However, I know a guy who purchased a new 29 Fountain with I think a 496 mag. For some reason they are running the 1.65 gear ratio in the 29's with a 32 pitch prop and it is just a total pig on fuel economy. He told me how much it cost him in gas to get from point A to point B and it was just as much as my boat with twin 500's

This guy actually drives an extra 45 minutes to put his boat in at a boat ramp that is closer to the hang-out spot because it costs him so much to drive there in his boat. If the 29 you are looking at has the 1.65 gears I'd really get an accurate estimate of it's fuel consumption before you buy it.

And if you are considering a new boat, my 2 cents of advice would be to not look for a new boat but rather buy a used but bigger 3 to 5 year old boat.
    The Beak be gone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123