If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Annapolis/Baltimore, MD

Who's been to St. Lucia? Need advise.

I'm taking my honeymoon the last week of April. My fiance and I have finally narrowed it down to the "Anse Chastanet Resort" in St. Lucia.

For people who have been to this island I have a couple questions.

1) How are the bugs? The rooms have no a/c, so the windows will be open at night. Will I need a bug net?

2) With no a/c, I was wondering how hot at night it gets?

Platinum Member Charter Member
    My Boats:
    so. WI
    We rented a house in St. Lucia for a week back in '96.
    From what I remember, there wasn't much of a bug problem at all. It can be quite warm in the evenings, and the house we rented did not have A/C, but with the ceiling fans on and the windows open we were comfortable.

We stayed on Marigot Bay in a house called the Marigot Round. Do a search. It was a tremendous piece of architecture. We hired a private boat to take us around the island for a day tour and stopped at anse chastanet for a drink or two. The resort and beaches are beautiful there. If you dive, it is paradise. Nice choice!

Cow Hampshire
    We stayed at Sandals Gr. St Lucian in October for a week. It was great! It was at Rodney Bay.

It does get warm and humid there even at night, so we enjoyed the AC. However, if you had fans you could be ok.

I can't remember any real bug problem. Most of the resorts spray for bugs almost daily, so it helps keep them under control.

Have a great time, it's a beautiful island!

OffshoreOnly Antagonizer VIP Member Phknlwyr's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1981 Sears inflatable, twin oars
    Bethesda, Maryland
    I honeymooned at the Sandals in St. Lucia on Lifetime TV's nickel (but that is a whole other story). We went in October 1996. It was very hot and humid. The bugs were not really a factor. The island was beautiful. We played a lot of golf and did no diving. Our room had AC so I cannot speak to any discomfrt at night. Its a nice island. You will certainly enjoy it.
    "Kevin, prepare for the summer."

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher