Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Comcast Buying Disney! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71548-comcast-buying-disney.html)

CAP071 02-11-2004 03:47 PM

Comcast Buying Disney!

Cable Giant Comcast Wants Merger With Disney

Philadelphia-based Comcast is making a bid for one of entertainment's crown jewels, the Walt Disney Company under unusual circumstances.

Comcast won't take "no" for an answer, at least when it's only from Disney head Michael Eisner who rebuffed the stock and debt assumption offer totaling 66 billion (B) dollars. Now, Disney's board says it will take a look. Comcast CEO Brian Roberts says the deal would bring together complementary talents:

"The combination of our expertise and assets and experience and the wonderful treasure trove of assets in the Disney company would be a great thing for both companies and our shareholders."

Roberts say headquarters would stay where they are, but Comcast is looking at 3- to 400 million dollars in savings by eliminating duplication, read: jobs.

The Disney shareholders meeting, and a separate gathering of Disney dissidents, will be in Philadelphia in early March.

Reed Jensen 02-11-2004 04:52 PM

Heee heee heee... I should drive past Disney's corporate headquarters this afternoon and see if anyone is packing boxes! hahahahah.... I used to date two women that worked for Disney.... I called them the "mousekateers"..... they both had "Silver passes" to Disneyland... been there too many times to remember... never had to pay. :p

CAP071 02-11-2004 04:54 PM

Free Disney passes WOW Wish I had one of those!:crazy:

Audiofn 02-11-2004 04:58 PM

I doubt this will happen..... Just my opinion. If they do this however it is not like they could do any worse with the stocks!!!!! Disney has been REAL flat over the last few years :(

Jon

Iggy 02-11-2004 05:40 PM

I thought it was the other way around. That Disney was taking over Comcast.

Just heard on the news a Disney World Cast Member was killed when one of the parade floats ran over him/her. No details at this time.

Iggy 02-11-2004 05:56 PM

Ok, so I was wrong.
Comcast is trying to buy Disney.
GO COMCAST!!! Shove Eisner out the door!!

Eisner refused the offer to merge so Comcast went public with the offer and approached the board of directors personally.
I hope they accept.

Ted G 02-11-2004 06:40 PM

O.K. so does this mean that some guy in a costume is gonna come to your house to work on your cable or will you have to wait between 9 and 1 in order to ride Space mountain????:D

Reed Jensen 02-11-2004 07:35 PM

Originally posted by CAP071
Free Disney passes WOW Wish I had one of those!:crazy:
It wasn't just a free pass... it got her in and five guests each time she passed through the turnstiles.. Think of the savings.... $54.00 times 5..... each time... She was always going to Disneyland just to get friends and family in.

Audiofn 02-11-2004 07:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by insptech
O.K. so does this mean that some guy in a costume is gonna come to your house to work on your cable or will you have to wait between 9 and 1 in order to ride Space mountain????:D [/QUOTE

:D:D

Havasu Cig 02-11-2004 08:06 PM

My comcast stock was down $2.70 today. The rest of the portfolio had a good day though. ;)