Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OUTERLIMITS New 47 XXX (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71575-outerlimits-new-47-xxx.html)

Havasu Cig 02-12-2004 09:38 AM

Very nice!!!!

dhlaw 02-12-2004 11:14 AM

Man that boat is insane!!!!! I respect the effort that fountain puts forth to go fast but damn, they arent even in the same league as Outerlimits..........

nolimits 02-12-2004 11:20 AM

THey are insane. But not in the same league???

Your kidding, right?

FunHome 02-12-2004 11:22 AM

Re: OUTERLIMITS New 47 XXX

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
Do any of you OL guy's know how much time this boat has on it? It seems to me that the ice just started melting up there, was this the boats first time out?

It's already Melting?? Heck here it's still as cold as a well digger's A$$. I wouldn't think it would be melting already!?!?????? Would it??

It would be kinda scary to hit even a small piece of ice at those speeds!!

SS930 02-12-2004 11:34 AM

It's a saltwater bay, it only skims over under extremely cold temps. The open part of the bay is far from freezing over:cool:

dyno 02-12-2004 11:39 AM

HOLY CRAP!!! thats way COOL!!!!!Hope there is heat under that lid!!!

Chris288 02-12-2004 11:43 AM

Originally posted by d-hlaw
Man that boat is insane!!!!! I respect the effort that fountain puts forth to go fast but damn, they arent even in the same league as Outerlimits..........

You can tell ALL THAT from a pic.. ??:rolleyes:

SS930 02-12-2004 11:54 AM

Chris,
You don't think xXx is the cat's azz?:confused:

That's one sweet looking go fast in my book.:cool:

Chris288 02-12-2004 12:08 PM

Originally posted by SS930
Chris,
You don't think xXx is the cat's azz?:confused:

That's one sweet looking go fast in my book.:cool:

ABSOLUTELY,,, :drool: :drool: :drool: no question about it.... BEAUTIFUL boat,, makes me think a coat of paint can do wonders, point being, this boat and the rio boat don't look THAT much different from the outside, a photo ain't worth that much... and after seeing their " quality " at several boat show's I wasn't that impressed for 3/4 of a million dollars.. But I am just a peon, will never be able to afford one and even if I could I would only spend about half the money and get something just as nice.. :) I guess it's all just realitive to how much money you have..

Blonde Cig Chick 02-12-2004 12:26 PM

SS930 -

yes, the canopy is removable. i was lucky enough to get to sit in it a couple of weeks ago. everywhere you look is carbon fiber...bilge....cockpit. its really an amazing boat.

on another note.....the speeds were not verified by mike, just to clarify. he did not certify "his own speeds".

i say congratulations to any manufacturer that can accomplish what both mike and reggie have.

now i'm on my way to miami. i have a plane to catch. have fun kids........:D