Notices

Cigarette Watch

Old 02-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone posted a picture on this site or "the other site". I think it was in the long thread with all of the show pictures (I remember someone making comments about the T-shirt prices and someone else posted the watch pictures and questioned the price). If you find that picture, repost it here... I might recognize the brand characteristics. With a price of $1400 I doubt that it was manufactured by any of the big name high end company's considering Cig's 300% mark up. That doesn't mean it's a bad quality watch. Unless it's an automatic (movement), a quartz movement is a quartz movement, there really aren't many bad ones...
Old 02-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here they are
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Watch-watch1.jpg  
Registered

another
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Watch-watch2.jpg  
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CIGARETTE RACING TEAMä IS IN PERFECT TIME

WITH FORMEX 4-SPEED WATCHES

It is the perfect combination—a boat company known for quality, speed and performance--even in the roughest waters, and a fine Swiss watch with a patented, unique suspension system for comfort and durability, even in turbulence.

Cigarette Racing Team and Formex Watch USA will introduce a Cigarette-branded Formex watch at the Miami International Boat Show, February 12-17. The new license agreement complements current Formex sponsorships of an American LeMans team and an endurance motorcycle racing team. “We have formerly compared our watch to ‘wearing a high-performance sports car on your wrist,’ says Daniel Bartl, Managing Director, Formex Watch USA. “Now we can say it is, ‘like wearing a high-performance Cigarette on your wrist!’”

A passion for motorsports, shared by Bartl and Ferdinand Gradel, Managing Director for Europe, is the driving force behind Formex watches—“instruments for speed.” Formex watches combine the exceptional craftsmanship of fine Swiss watch-making with lightweight, high-performance materials. Formex creates a timepiece that goes beyond just telling time, to make a statement about performance, dynamics and speed.

The Cigarette Racing Team watch will be a chronograph with a titanium case. The watch kit includes a titanium band and colored leather strap, stamped with the Cigarette #1 logo, framing the watch’s logo-embossed face. A color-coordinated bezel replicates the colors used on Cigarette dashboard gauges. Red, black, silver and blue colors will be introduced in the initial line and all are packaged in a customized Cigarette travel case, complete with band-changing tools and a signature key chain.

“We wanted to have a Cigarette branded watch that reflected our values and priorities for quality, performance and style,” said Skip Braver, Cigarette Racing Team President and CEO, “We believe Formex 4-Speed thinks along the same lines and are pleased to have them spread the Cigarette name to their retailers throughout the U.S. and Europe. We will enjoy wearing the watches ourselves, and think our customers will appreciate having a Cigarette sport watch to add to their collections.”

The Cigarette Racing Team Formex watch will also be previewed at the JCK Jewelry Show in Las Vegas in the Spring and will be available at $1,400 in retail stores by September of 2004. The watches will also be carried at the Ultimate Store at www.cigaretteracing.com and at selected Cigarette dealers. For more information on Formex Watch USA visit www.formexwatch.com.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered

Looks like they are called Formex not sure though

Looks like it was answered above while I was posting this
Old 02-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

“We wanted to have a Cigarette branded watch that reflected our values and priorities for quality, performance and style,” said Skip Braver, Cigarette Racing Team President and CEO, “We believe Formex 4-Speed thinks along the same lines and are pleased to have them spread the Cigarette name to their retailers throughout the U.S. and Europe. We will enjoy wearing the watches ourselves, and think our customers will appreciate having a Cigarette sport watch to add to their collections.”

This means that they can buy them at the lowest price (see $99.00) and mark them up to $1400!!
Old 02-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by d-hlaw
This means that they can buy them at the lowest price (see $99.00) and mark them up to $1400!!
I think you nailed that one.

Probably not a bad watch, but certainly not a good value at $1400.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Registered

I told some girl there that I wana watch, so she let me.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just looked around and they get a LOT of money for those things.

Jon
Old 02-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Registered

Tried on the Cig sunglasses and almost broke out in a rash!

Quick Reply: Cigarette Watch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.