CAUTION OSOers!  I got screwed bad! >

CAUTION OSOers! I got screwed bad!

Notices

CAUTION OSOers! I got screwed bad!

Old 02-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Von Bongo
That's a very easy answer. Wait for the check to clear before sending the merchandise.
What if it's a local buyer and they want to pick up the merchandise? If I was a legit buyer for something, I would be leery if the seller wouldn't give me the merchandise after I paid him for it with a cashiers check.

If the check is cashed at the bank that it's issued from is that safe?
Old 02-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this kind of stuff really sucks!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Steamin' Rice
What if it's a local buyer and they want to pick up the merchandise? If I was a legit buyer for something, I would be leery if the seller wouldn't give me the merchandise after I paid him for it with a cashiers check.

If the check is cashed at the bank that it's issued from is that safe?
Go to his bank and cash it. If hes local, and got it local, it should be able to be cashed locally. If not tell him "In god we trust, all others (who want their **** now and i cant cash their check) pay cash!
Old 02-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Mr. Demeanor

There are some simple things you could do that would not eliminate any chances of getting ripped off but would deter the average guy running a scam. Ask for a copy of his/her drivers license with the cashiers/bank check. Ask for a phone number, daytime and nighttime, they can be reached at. Ask in advance for the name and number of the place where the check will be drawn so you can call and confirm. I'm sure there are more ideas and unfortunately, this is the world we live in. If a buyer wont cooperate, theres a reason.

Old 02-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim.... That sucks...just cant be too careful these days.
I just got a cashiers check from Norway for a trailer I sold on Ebay and Jason (OSO Rollwithit ) just droped it off in Norfolk to be shipped overseas. The check looked good, Jason got a receipt, Its been in the bank since Wed, and the guy didnt ask for any money back. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but the boat dealer it was dropped off at verified the buyer was cool. Hope so for his sake.

Dan
Old 02-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've asked for and got cash for lower priced stuff, up to $12,000, but what do take when you sell a boat in the hundreds of thousands. You can keep the title and let them take the boat, but you are still screwed if it doesn't clear. Has anybody ever heard of a bad experience with receiving a wire transfer?
Old 02-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Registered

I had 5 counterfeit checks sent to me, 2 for a car, 2 for a jetski and 1 for my bike...All the same BS story. I putthe first $16,000 check in the bank and got $5,000 out 2 days later to go gambling but I never intended to send any money back to the fcks. I would give all the western union info to the postal police and let them investigate. I had names from overseas and Canada but they still contacted me and were helpful....I hope the bank anties up but I can promise unless you have millions of dollars with them they will tell you "to bad".
Old 02-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Send the f**kers an e-mail with a killer virus attached that detroys thier hard drive!

If you can't get your money at least you can get a little revenge!
Old 02-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Registered

No offense, but the mistake is all yours and for the number one reason these scams work: GREED. You thought you were going to get an extra $500 for your $800 props so you couldn't wait to send that Limey bastard his $3200. Did you miss the memo that said there are boats and props in England, too (its an island, you know)?
Must be nice to be so Damn smart that nobody will ever need to warn you about a good con that has worked over and over. Greed played a major part in this con, as in most. Greed is an ingrediant in taking a chance. Something we all take to get ahead. Its nice to be warned what chances not to take. Yet another reason the board can be a good tool.
As for everyone blaming this on being an overseas transaction, wasnt the second check written to someone on the East Coast?
Limeys are off the hook for this one!
For now!
But we still want answers for were the Spice Girls went???
Old 02-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

TIM

BUMMER---------------------

STEVE

Quick Reply: CAUTION OSOers! I got screwed bad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.