Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: A special word of thanks........ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72278-ot-special-word-thanks.html)

Risk Taker 02-20-2004 10:05 PM

OT: A special word of thanks........

My father passed away very suddenly last Friday (2/13), while I was in Miami at the show (he lived in West Palm Beach). It was, and still is a total shock..:confused::(:(.

I just wanted to thank some of my OSO brethren.......

Craig Barrie, Scott Smith, John Schultz, Craig223, Mrs. Craig223 (Nancy), Sydwayz, C-Spray, etc......Thank you for your kind words at a time when I was REALLY messed up.....

GLH.....your assistance means more than you can ever imagine. Your selfless act (he drove me from Miami to West Palm Beach in the middle of the night) allowed me to be with my mother when the "call" came. Also your cellphone message was very moving.......I will never forget......

Biggus...I did get your message, sorry I didn't return it.....now you know why.....

I'm a very private person when it comes to matters such as this, but I just wanted to point out that this site goes far beyond our love of boats........we are a family, and as I tear up writing this, I will finish by saying that you guys (and girls) are the BEST..........

P.S. - Nort.....it was good to finally meet you.......:)

Tricky919 02-20-2004 10:30 PM

Sorry for your loss....

Ron P 02-20-2004 10:33 PM

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. I've been there myself.:(

10x 02-20-2004 10:41 PM

RT: Very sorry for your loss. I'm sure he will always be with you in your heart and soul.
Frank

Sydwayz 02-20-2004 10:43 PM

RT, when I did not hear back from you, I was pretty sure the worst had happened. I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family all the strength you need to get through this tough time. Please let us know if there is anything any of us can do to help, as you continually do the same for us.

bajabob38 02-21-2004 12:33 AM

Rt my thoughts go out to you and your family, And for the OSO members who were there for RT in his time of need I say GREAT JOB! That is what this board is really all about.

wwwTOPDJcom 02-21-2004 01:45 AM

Sorry to here this:( , I too was in Miami and My father lives in Port St Lucie , I made it part of my trip to Miami as to Drive up and Spend time with him, because you don't Know when they will be taken from you.
That was Very Nice of GLH to help :o

Steamin Rice 02-21-2004 01:58 AM

RT sorry for your loss.... :(

Biggus 02-21-2004 04:34 AM

Bill,

So sorry to hear about your Dad. Losing a parent is pretty tough.

Kurt

:(

Dean Ferry 02-21-2004 06:44 AM

We too, are sorry for your lose. God speed to you and your family.
Dean and Robin