Notices

Pick up bed covers

Old 02-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pick up bed covers

I just ordered a new Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE. I want to keep tools in the bed so I'm looking for dry secure storage. I want a bed cover that will lock.

So far I like the Pace Edwards covers.

Any thoughts or personal experiences?
Old 02-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Registered

Default Re: Pick up bed covers

Originally posted by Ron P
I just ordered a new Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE. I want to keep tools in the bed so I'm looking for dry secure storage. I want a bed cover that will lock.

So far I like the Pace Edwards covers.

Any thoughts or personal experiences?
Yea, sell it and by a Ford!
Old 02-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Registered

Hi Ron. I have the motorized Pace on my F150. It works great and is very weather tight. Comes with two remotes.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Ron,

I own and operate a truck accessory store for a living. Not trying to stir up a *&^% storm here, but I wouldn't spend any of my hard earned money on the Pace Edwards myself.

I have sold a few dozen of them through the store. EVERY single one of them has constant problems.

In the past month or so I have had about 5 customers request this product. I refused to sell it to them. I have a problem taking money from someone for something that isn't worth anything. I just feel like a product that sells for that much money should hold up better.

I converse with a lot of discussion forums that are truck related. I can name a large number of individuals that have put these by the curb for the trash man to pick up on his weekly route.

Take it for what it's worth....

PS...I have heard VERY good things about a product called Roll 'N Lock. I don't have access to them nor have I seen one. But there seem to be a lot of people going this way instead of the Pace Edwards product.

Buck
Old 02-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered

Buck,
What about a product called "Under Cover" http://www.undercoverinfo.com/ . I have been thinking of getting a cover as well. Does not have to be a roll top.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Thanks for the advice. Here's two other brands. Roll n Lock and Retrax. Any one ever use them?

http://www.rollnlock.com/
http://www.rolltopcover.com/

As for the truck itself. When I had the race boat we had a Ford F350 Turbo Diesel Dually (What else ) to pull the boat. And I loved that truck.

This time around we drove the Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Dodge, and Chevy full size trucks. The Nissan drove the best and the accessories that come with the bed are terrific. The Nissan won the four wheeler magazine offroad contest. Nice 305 HP overhead cam motor and super plush ride for a pick up.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Buck, What about a product called "Under Cover" http://www.undercoverinfo.com/ . I have been thinking of getting a cover as well. Does not have to be a roll top.
I saw that too and it looks like it would serve the purpose. The only problem is that it will cover the holes where the ladder rack plug in, should I need to use them. Otherwise, I'd just need to take off the cover for the day. I don't see a problem with the tilt up option. It certainly won't break and it will keep things nice and dry inside.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The Under Cover has been a GREAT product for us. If you need the security of a hard cover but like to remove it a lot this is by far the way to go. They are VERY tough, light, easy to remove and install. No worries about scratching from handling. They come with hooks for the garage wall. We actually stand on one at our shop to get on the roof instead of using a ladder. We have had five full grown men standing on it at one time with no problem.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy this product in a second. Not to mention it's cheaper than the Pace Edwards.

If you guys get prices in your area on the Under Cover and want to know what they SHOULD go for just drop me a line. I'll make sure the dealer isn't gouging you.

Buck
Old 02-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered

Buck,

Thanks for the quick response.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do not buy a Gaylord cover . It took 4 months to get then to pay to repaint my cover . The guy in warranty Magill is a liar!!

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Pick up bed covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.