Notices

Looking For Work In Florida

Old 02-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Exclamation Chevelle

Thanks for the info.
Yeah, hell $150. is too much for my blood. That's half a rebuild on one motor
I understand the Gulfstream as well. I think I read 3 MPH heading straight north!!
Yikes!
But that is one reason I have both motors apart right now and doing some improvements.
It won't plane on one motor as is and will only do about 7 MPH (gps ) before the prop starts to break loose from the motors being too high.
I am installing huydraulic jack plates so I can bury them to make it plane (get home) on one motor.
I am actually starting to think it might be fun to trailer to one of the firtst Keys and dump the boat and head South.
Last time I did Alligator Ali we were only pulling a 13' Whaler but I still think we made it in an hour 45??
Way too fast but the trailer did'nt break until we got there so what are you gonna do?
Am really looking for to playing in the ocean again. (towed to the outter banx once)
Lake Eries waves are as big as the oceans but they're ten freagin feet apart!!
We'll have to hook up once we get down there.
We will be bringing both boats with us too. The little one for the rivers, inland water etc.
The Sonic for the i.c., Gulf and Ocean. Would be good to have some one to follow through the shallow stuff.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary,

Were you on the Muskingum River one weekend 4 - 5 years ago?
Old 02-25-2004, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Thumbs up yes

have a buddy with a house there
guessing you're one of the Eliminators that he wanted me to mess with
Lucky for me none of your stuff was running
Old 02-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Chevelle

Originally posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Thanks for the info.
Yeah, hell $150. is too much for my blood. That's half a rebuild on one motor
I understand the Gulfstream as well. I think I read 3 MPH heading straight north!!
Yikes!
But that is one reason I have both motors apart right now and doing some improvements.
It won't plane on one motor as is and will only do about 7 MPH (gps ) before the prop starts to break loose from the motors being too high.
I am installing huydraulic jack plates so I can bury them to make it plane (get home) on one motor.
I am actually starting to think it might be fun to trailer to one of the firtst Keys and dump the boat and head South.
Last time I did Alligator Ali we were only pulling a 13' Whaler but I still think we made it in an hour 45??
Way too fast but the trailer did'nt break until we got there so what are you gonna do?
Am really looking for to playing in the ocean again. (towed to the outter banx once)
Lake Eries waves are as big as the oceans but they're ten freagin feet apart!!
We'll have to hook up once we get down there.
We will be bringing both boats with us too. The little one for the rivers, inland water etc.
The Sonic for the i.c., Gulf and Ocean. Would be good to have some one to follow through the shallow stuff.
Definitely gotta hook up when you get here.

I need to save this post,

FINALLY, someone admits Eries waves are not the same as the ocean!!!!!!

You should talk to Tim, he is a nice guy, does good business, and loves to go boating. If I wasnt workin inside in the A/C, I would be installing for him. The Gators are not that bad.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Chevelle

Originally posted by rchevelle71
The Gators are not that bad.
Until they take a toe off.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Re: Chevelle

Originally posted by RollWithIt
Until they take a toe off.

Ahhh, its only a toe, thats why god gave us 10!!!

Seriously, I am sure they see a few while installing in the Backwaters, But I have been here for 19 months, 13 of them living along the Hillsboro Canal, way West, 2 miles from Loxahatchee park in the Everglades, and have not seen 1 gator outside of the Glades. I am sure they are there, but not as common as you would think.

PS, Just thought I would let you northerners know, it just started downpouring, first rain we have had in WEEKS!!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rchevelle71, it started raining here before lunch yesterday, with thunder, and hasn't stopped yet. We had a tornado watch yesterday from 10am to 4pm and a couple severe thunder storm warnings tossed in too. Even had a little bit of hail.
We need the rain and it sure beats having snow.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Iggy
rchevelle71, it started raining here before lunch yesterday, with thunder, and hasn't stopped yet. We had a tornado watch yesterday from 10am to 4pm and a couple severe thunder storm warnings tossed in too. Even had a little bit of hail.
We need the rain and it sure beats having snow.
Seen that on the News, looks like you guys are gettin hammered, passed right over us, but supposed to come south tonight, looks like it arrived early. We have the rainy season down here, next month it should start raining for weeks at a time!!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

Rain,,, man, I awoke to snow yesterday morning. I cant wait to get back to Florida.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Registered

It all sounds great.... I've had the same thoughts myself... everyday!!!! Cold weather just sucks!!! Just have to get use to that salt water..... I've only had my current boat in the salt a few times, after each time we bring it straight back to the lake... what a feeling that fresh water brings!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Quick Reply: Looking For Work In Florida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.