Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   More cops that don't want to work. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72531-more-cops-dont-want-work.html)

Griff 02-28-2004 03:40 AM

Well said Troutly.

Griff 02-28-2004 04:11 AM

Now for as for everyone complaining, here are some things to think about before your next experience with a cop.

How many people that you work with have been murdered or disabled in the last ten years while doing there job?????

I've had 2 friends murdered(shot and killed) in the line of duty. 4 others that have been shot. Half a dozen that have been injured so badly that they can no longer work and will live with being either paralized or in pain for the rest of their lives. Another couple dozen or so that have permanent injuries(including myself) that prevent them from doing some of the things that they once did.
This is on a department of 700.

All them were just doing there jobs and serving the often ungrateful public.

I'm not saying some of you don't have valid complaints, by any means. Every Dept has a procedure for you to file a complaint. If you just let it go then thats on you.
These are all single incidents that you have described, that have left a negative impact on you with regard to the police. For that I am sorry, not because of the actual incident, but because it reflects badly on us as group and creates even negative stereotypes.

Tricky919 02-28-2004 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what Griff is talking about. This is what i live with from arresting a criminal. Of coarse it is marine grade hardware !!!!!!!!!

Tricky919 02-28-2004 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Front view.......When I arrested this guy, i searched him and it was the third time he was arrested in a 24 hour period. He was arrested for drunk drivng the day before, went to court and was released. Then went home and hit his wife, obviously the court released him again, and then was arrested by me for with two of his amigos at 0230 hrs the next day for damaging and breaking into cars. Needless to say when i found the other two arrest informations i was a bit pissed off. Remember the Police arrest criminals the courts let them out !!!!!!! I forgot to mention the resisting arrest charge, but thats not to hard to figue out........

HiPerf2000 02-28-2004 09:26 AM

Thanks Trouty

Is your wife a cop too......???

We do it not for the glory, not for the pay (which although my wife and I make very good money doing this here, the majority of the cops are under paid),

RollWithIt 02-28-2004 12:22 PM

Griff and Tricky, you guys are perfect examples of the reality of what we deal with. I have a friend who got shot in the line of duty and has not been back to work. Probably never will. Mentally he cant wait to go back. But, he has permanent nerve damage. He gets cold fealings in his legs and sometimes he looses feeling in them. Shot by a DRUG DEALER. Dealer plead guilty in court to the charges against him. He will be free before my friend will ever have a normal life again.

I highly recomend that everybody should go to Washington DC in May, 13, 14, 15 for police memorial week. Go to the ceremonies and visit the memorial. After that, you will have an idea of what we go through and who we are.

NASTY HABIT 02-28-2004 12:55 PM

It is no doubt a risky job , but to say who else would risk their lives or risk a disabling injury is not a statement I agree with .

There are many jobs that offer far greater risk and claim more workers each year.

would I want to be a cop ...hell no .

do I work in a risky and deadly environment ..hell yes.
for 20 years now.

I too have lost friends and seen them maimed.

I guess there is good and bad in all areas of our life , with people and situations. So my OSO brethren lets get back to work so we can pay for gas this summer...

oh yea ! be careful out there.

Tinkerer 02-28-2004 01:57 PM

When an oficer is shot on duty by a criminal and it is witnessed by other oficers. WHY don't they just blow this POS away and solve all the problems. I mean he had it coming and it is self defence. PROBLEM SOLVED