Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I just got my membership renewal e-mail . >

I just got my membership renewal e-mail .

Notices

I just got my membership renewal e-mail .

Old 02-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

geez I guess I should have joined when it was $20, I can't afford another dime now......well my $20 membership would have been up anyways by now....dang I'm either cheap or broke.....
Old 02-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Registered

You can still be a free loader I mean member you just can't see all the good photos like Packin posted this morning.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Registered

yes that is correct, hit the PM and send one over to me and I will be happy to look at the pile in the office.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally posted by OffshoreOnly
The DVD deal was not going on in July.
I signed up in July, but didn't become a Platinum Member until Sept 15th.

Sorry, it was a misinterpretation on my part. I read this thread and missed the part that said renewals. It wasn't the only reason I went with Platinum so no biggie.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey someone's gotta pay his big Fuel bill with gas prices so damn high!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Registered

How bout I advertise the site by putting OSO stickers on my truck, hey don't laugh it works. I used to have a site and you wouldn't believe how many folks came in with "hey i saw this on the back of a car" stories.

wife manages the checkbook......trying to think of a counter attack here
Old 02-24-2004, 09:31 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
You can still be a free loader I mean member you just can't see all the good photos like Packin posted this morning.
With the new rules you cant start a new thread either. Not complaining and I have to much going on to be here the amount of time I am anyway....but here I am

Old 02-25-2004, 04:48 AM
Registered

I initially complained about 20 bucks, but eventually deemed it was worth it, I mean this is a great place for info and killing time and you can't beat the people,, well some of them need a beating... It's going to be tough but I don't think I'll be renewing,,,, IF it cost me 50 bucks a year to be a member of all the websites of the hobbies I enjoyed,,, it wouldn't be pretty... see you guys around..
Old 02-25-2004, 05:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think the with the fees the Sponsors are paying, our cost would remain some what affordable
Old 02-25-2004, 05:24 AM
Registered

I just don't see why it would require a fee in the first place. Hell for $20.00 I did it more as a donation for the site who I understood that the money was "needed" to maintain the sight. Well It didn't even last a year and now I will need to pay more than double to get a year!? If bandwith is the cost then limit picture size somemore. Limit downloads and then it shouldn't be a problem....I don't always post but I come to this site 7days a week If I can mostly several times a day...I just get the feeling this has become a profit move for people(s) not just a requirement to keep up service. I thought this sight was "for the love of powerboating" or something anyways.....Givng money to speak and share ideas with like-minded boaters is hard to swallow....Seems like someone wants to have a good job making money off of Offshore Only. Why pay to advertise if we can not handle the membership we have without raising prices? To me the answer seems very obvious....PROFIT. And my personal opinon is that you can not have the board in your best intreset if Profit becomes #1?
I just don't understand why "outher" sites proudly state they are free and the best site in the land starts charging and then doubling in just a year or so.....I wish I could state these opinons as fact but with a lack of understanding as to the issue I can only assume..I love OSO and hate to see long time loyal members saying goodbye cuz of making a dime. OSO wouldn't be here with out us the members...Someone has forgotton that. With that being said they have a right to make a profit and constuct their site as they please. Because we woulndn't be here without OSO either! Though we would be on outher boards....Heres to hoping I am misinformed and that OSO can build on what brung her to be the best site on the net for peformance boating. If this site goes on to become a profit first site it will cease to exist as we once and even now know it. I wish everyone here the best and hope things can work out on this for everyone's sake.

Randy
"Bad-Habit"

Last edited by BAD-HABIT; 02-25-2004 at 05:27 AM.

Quick Reply: I just got my membership renewal e-mail .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.