Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I just got my membership renewal e-mail . (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72540-i-just-got-my-membership-renewal-e-mail.html)

Gary Anderson 02-25-2004 10:19 AM

Maybe you should advertise "Meet Hot Women", then everyone could understand the $50.
Or maybe "Chat with Hotties, only $3.99/min".
But $50/year to waste hours each day at work chatting with guys about boats?
OK, maybe it is worth it.
:D

Keith 02-25-2004 10:24 AM

$40 per month for cable internet
$40 per month for cable TV
Unspecified amount per month for other entertainment.

$50 per year for OSO? What we call a "no brainer".

open87 02-25-2004 10:30 AM

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
Chris, at this point, you are post whoring. Rumor has it that members with over 2500 posts pay less. Go get'um cowboy!
i'm half way there:D

RebarBox 02-25-2004 10:39 AM

Hey - Sir Board God,

Any consideration to a 2,3,4 year......or lifetime membership fee? Or maybe thats already afforded?

Just a thought.

MitchStellin 02-25-2004 10:44 AM

Yeh Chris, this is looking like a poor excuse to post whore. :D In any case you said it...a good place to BS and meet great people. You could make that 50 up in one good buy from a member or selling something you may not be able to find a buyer for. Your cool so stay, I swearer if you don't i am taking over the Anna obsession.:D :D

Jan 02-25-2004 11:23 AM

Chris,

I totally understand there is a limit to everything we do in life especially when dollars are involved. I have walked away form a couple of car and boat deals over $100. I walked in with a number in my head and I stuck with. But, just as an entertainment value alone, OSO is really worth the price of admission.

I do hope you renew, there are few people on this site with common sense(and a endless supply of ANNA photos) and I consider you one of them.

Jan

Phknlwyr 02-25-2004 11:48 AM

Correct me if I am wrong Chris, but it appears that your renewal is a foregone conclusion. I am glad about that. Through the course of this Thread, you were able to flush out a seminal point:

PEOPLE ABUSING THE PRIVILEGE OF THIS BOARD ARE CAUSING OUR FEES TO GO UP.

What I at first thought was a ***** and moan session, actually became a very enlightening thread. Thank you, and I'm sure the BGs thank you. If we all do our part to support the site, perhaps the dues will remain manageable and allow us to enjoy all that OSO has to offer for a reasonable sum. For those that are abusing the privilege, pony up you selffish bastages. You are hurting all of us.

Thus endeth the sermon. Amen.

Chris288 02-25-2004 12:22 PM

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
Correct me if I am wrong Chris, but it appears that your renewal is a foregone conclusion. I am glad about that. Through the course of this Thread, you were able to flush out a seminal point:

PEOPLE ABUSING THE PRIVILEGE OF THIS BOARD ARE CAUSING OUR FEES TO GO UP.

What I at first thought was a ***** and moan session, actually became a very enlightening thread. Thank you, and I'm sure the BGs thank you. If we all do our part to support the site, perhaps the dues will remain manageable and allow us to enjoy all that OSO has to offer for a reasonable sum. For those that are abusing the privilege, pony up you selffish bastages. You are hurting all of us.

Thus endeth the sermon. Amen.

The point is ,,,,, we members are the life blood of OSO and thats a fact... By increasing the rates your sucking the life blood out of us... The advertisers that do advertise pay,, and the members pay,, who wins ?? The bottom feeders... IS this a P!ss and moan session,, damn right it is,,, I'm p!ssed I gotta pay, and the rest of you should be too,, Steve has spelled it out on more than one occasion,, the people abusing this site are costing us the membership fee's,, plain and simple, wer'e paying for their gains..

TulsaLarry 02-25-2004 12:31 PM

Thanks for the education I am receiving in the post, and further my education by answering a couple of questions.

I paid $19.95 on July 14, 2003 for what I thought was a one year Gold Membership. In January 2004 I received notice from OSO that my membership renewal was due and paid $24.95. Was the old membership for one year or six months? If the old membership was for six months then the increase was not 150%, it was 25%.
Am I missing something here?

boatme 02-25-2004 12:42 PM

I don't remember this being a Not for Profit organization

It seems that those who make a few bucks are always a target for those who don't have any

we are all a product of our decisions

We can make the decision to be on OSO or not

the requirements are simple and we have choices

both give you alot of power and each decision is made only by us

i would like to see this site stay free too
but to expect it to be free forever is short sided

No matter what we do we will ultimatly help to support someone else's life or life style

I just wish i would have come up with the OSO idea first

way to go Steve keep up the good site

i support the right to state how one feels
but when we share our feelings and we provided our position and nothing is changed to our liking then we need to live by our conviction and act on our beliefs
and move on or move out of the way

just my .08 (cost for opinions has gone up)

Steve keep on keepin on