Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Extreme Boats Mag. not delivering! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72635-extreme-boats-mag-not-delivering.html)

oxford 02-26-2004 11:03 AM

Thanks Ron P. I will have a talk with my local postmaster if that will help. Have you talked with the company that mails these for you? Sounds to me like they are holding some zip codes to co-mingle to get a better rate. Some mail processors will wait until they have a certain number going to the same zip code for more profit. Just my 2 cents on that.

DoTheMath 02-26-2004 12:57 PM

Originally posted by Hard On
Do the math check with a Hastings music store, mine here carry it on the self.
Cool, thanks. Just went to the second local B&N and they didn't have it either.

JnT 02-26-2004 01:30 PM

Looking forward to receiving our Extreme Boats mag. Nothing yet.Waiting patiently................

kidrock 02-26-2004 01:52 PM

WAITING--------------------------------STILL WAITING---------:confused:

glassdave 02-26-2004 03:04 PM

Originally posted by Ron P
. . . I'm sure once your mailman is done reading your issue, he'll pass it along to you. . . .

that was funny :D . . . . besides i think my mailman is a sailboater an he may have piched it in an attempt to discourage my evil powerboat ways :D :p :D :rolleyes:

Liquidsation 03-05-2004 08:18 PM

Volume 6 came in today! I am still so pissed off I have only glanced at it. I am sure I will read it first thing in the morning with coffee.

When is Vol. 7 coming?

Shooter 03-05-2004 09:32 PM

Hello all,

At the risk of being reprimanded and I've been here for quite some time, I'd like to start a poll thread to RESPECTFULLY ask the powers that be at OSO whether or not we should enter EXTREME BOATS MAGAZINE into the BAD BUSINESS section. SOME good business is not GOOD business.

I do this RESPECTFULLY because their ONLY redeeming function in life IMO is that they are paid advertisers of OSO and support our philandering here. I have entered a post because any supporter of OSO should have, say, as many breaks as possible I guess.

I hope that EXTEMEM BOATS and OSO powers that be take notice of these posts because there are more than enough problems to warrant the complaint.

What do you all think? .... all we want them to do is deliver on what we paid for some time ago. I do like their mag quite a lot and used to look forward to it, the cople of issues I actually recieved.

I'll hang for a couple a days waiting for some guidance from the voard gods before I post the poll or in the bad business section. I don't want to put OSO into a situation where their membership openly does not support an advertiser.

I have prided myself, as others have, specifcally supporting OSO advertisers. Hey, it'only 40 bucks, but the amount of lip service by them has begun to more than irk normally reasonable people.

burtandnancy 03-05-2004 09:47 PM

Ron P, got the most recent issue, and other than a cheap shot at IMCO, was a great pictorial and informative copy...

gmhdfan 03-05-2004 11:28 PM

I have received ever issue since the beginning. Even the free ones. Just got the issue about OSO yesterday in the mail. I already got one at the OSO party. So I have an extra one if someone wants it. :) :cool:

Keith 03-06-2004 05:16 AM

I just got my first issue, and it's a good one covering the Championships in the Keys and Orange Beach, as well as a good article about some lame a$$ website called OffshoreOnly.com with a bunch of boaters who have nothing better to do than share information, advice, experience and help each other out online. It also has a few nice picts of a babe named Samantha. (insert huge grin here). hmmmmm, mama-cita!!!!

GMHDFan reminded me, I too received about 3 or 4 free copies last year when they were getting the mag started, so I don't mind the delay it took to get my 1st paid issue.