Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don Aronow (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72652-don-aronow.html)

impulsive 02-26-2004 12:23 PM

I had never before seen the show from start to finish. It was truly amazing to see the influence he had on our passion for powerboats. Without him who knows where powerboating would be today. In regards to the evidence against kramer, I think there was more than enough to place blame. Your right, those tapes would be very interesting to listen to.

Too Old, I thought they said Aronow sold kramer Apache then bought it back after the feds wouldn't deal with him? Or was that just the blue thunder project?

impulsive 02-26-2004 12:24 PM

Originally posted by Outlawcowgirl
I better get that book too.
Ditto!!

97BossHammer 02-26-2004 12:25 PM

I searched for the book and cheapest I found it for is $27, do a search on amazon.com and you'll find plenty. Wish somebody had a used copy........book is more then the membership $$ that I've been griping about lately haha.

RollWithIt 02-26-2004 12:30 PM

On the show they said Don sold Ben the company along with the contracts. The government found out who the new owner was and pulled the contract because they would not do business with a Felony Convicted Drug Smuggler. At that point Ben sold the company back to Don at a loss. If I am not mistaken, they also said that After legally re-aquireing the company, Don kept the money that Ben had given him initially. Stated that he told Ben it was dirty money and he could get more so he (Don) was keeping the money.

All I know is that I've seen more than one occasion where drug dealers have murdered people over money.

Havasu Cig 02-26-2004 12:45 PM

They said it was 1 million and like RWI said, Don would not give it back because it was drug money.

Havasu Cig 02-26-2004 12:46 PM

As far as the taped phone conversations, the Detective said that Ben was arrogant and discussed things that were incrimininating even though he knew the government had the right to tape the calls.

97BossHammer 02-26-2004 01:03 PM

geez I think I've learned more in 1 day about Don then I ever have. You guys have some really great info about it all.

forgive my ignorance........the majority of the people believe that Ben most likely murdered Don, or played some sort of role in it?

RollWithIt 02-26-2004 01:19 PM

The belief is that he made the decision and had Bobby do the actuall deed.

Havasu Cig 02-26-2004 01:29 PM

If I remember correctly, they said Bobby was paid 60k for the hit.

I will have to watch the show again.

Brownie was interviewd on the show, maybe he will have something to add about Don.

97BossHammer 02-26-2004 01:30 PM

who's Bobby?