Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stern Axed? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72657-stern-axed.html)

VinMan 02-26-2004 01:35 PM

Originally posted by GORT
Amen "Stecz20".........
DITTO!!

vtec 02-26-2004 01:52 PM

There is an excellent book that addresses the erosion of our rights titled The Tyranny of Good Intentions.

This book was also published as a law review article.

vtec

cuda 02-26-2004 02:06 PM

Originally posted by stecz20
but if you dont see that he is a genius and a pioneer in his own right you are blind.
Somebody hand me my white cane please.:)

stecz20 02-26-2004 02:18 PM

cuda, you could never catch Mr. Wonderful, your too old...lol i know your still sore at me for playing with ya last night...you were ready to throw down...lol.. your buddy dave

Rocco 02-26-2004 02:18 PM

D-Law,
It pains me to say this, but I agree with you on this issue. Both you and Stecz20 have hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!

dhlaw 02-26-2004 02:28 PM

The bottom line is that you cant lose sight of what this country is all about....... FREEDOMS!!!!

cuda 02-26-2004 02:29 PM

Originally posted by stecz20
cuda, you could never catch Mr. Wonderful, your too old...lol i know your still sore at me for playing with ya last night...you were ready to throw down...lol.. your buddy dave
Don't make me put my boy Rags on ya, he's stilll young enough to catch you.:D

Did you set up the big race yet?

Rocco 02-26-2004 02:31 PM

I agree with you D-hlaw, but freeing Ben, come on!!!!!!!!

stecz20 02-26-2004 02:34 PM

i will make the big announcement tonight....racing for pink slips....this will be bigger than the apache thread, and this race will happen and be filmed... Mr. Wonderful will take you to places never before seen..If i get in trouble, Mr. Wonderful will have his wonderful lawyer with him.......just wonderful... now back to being american...

Clay Washington 02-26-2004 02:34 PM

Originally posted by jdnca1
Last I checked we live in a FREE COUNTRY that many have sacrificed to provide for us. If you don't like Stern or Bubba or whoever else, then exercise your freedom to change the station. Otherwise quit whining, because you know what to expect when tuning into those shows. What should they cut out next?? Leno, Letterman, HBO?

I'm a Republican and feel this way.

My thoughts exactly!!!

The FCC got all bent out of shape when Janet Jackson exposed her tit, because it was NOT expected. People should be free to listen (or not listen to whom ever they want. I don't listen to Howard Stern or any other radio "talk show", but I feel that if the demand is there, then it should be allowed.

However, on the other side... Clear Channel should have the "freedom" to air (and not air) anything they want, as long as they obey the law. They have the "right" to drop Stern.

If the people still want to listen to him, then another local station will pick him up.

Just my two-cents... :D