Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   An appeal to Insta Trim tab owners... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72659-appeal-insta-trim-tab-owners.html)

martiniboat 11-03-2004 03:11 PM

INSTA TRIM OWNERS- The water must be punished!

2 Attachment(s)
Here are your new toys... they will completely transform the way you boat!

A full 19" of trim tab fury. :D

martiniboat 11-03-2004 03:22 PM

Top view

1 Attachment(s)
another angle...

martiniboat 11-03-2004 03:32 PM

Re: An appeal to Insta Trim tab owners...

Other versions of this kit will be available shortly including an optional 'integrated' upper bracket and a dual ram version that is the same in every way as the dual ram Offshore Series but minus the center support rib. This will be a version for those who are not 'frequent fliers'. :D

I have a flavour for everyone and if what you see doesn't fit your application or taste...I'll build you something that does!

What chu' want? :drink:

Brian

bouyhunter 11-03-2004 05:16 PM

Martini -
Your're doing an awesome job with those tabs - I have a few ideas I'd like to share with you, but I need to work out a few details.
When people are having cylinder failure, what is the problem? I've never had that happen. Is it seal failure in the cylinder's due to stress from the water they are pushing back? Especially with a larger tab (obviously that is why you would go to a double ram setup - isn't it?)

I also have an idea which might take care of that travel issue on the shorter cylinders - very crude thoughts right now, but I think it might work.

Anyone else want to chime in on failures of the ram's on their boat, I'd like to hear the situation and circumstances - always trying to build a better mousetrap.

I'll get some idea's together and contact you Martini.

martiniboat 11-03-2004 06:36 PM

Thanks for the kind words bouyhunter, but I'm only doing what I love! :D

It sounds like you're a 'thinker', I really enjoy exchanging ideas on this board.

As far as failures of actuators are concerned, or 'anything' for that matter, it most often has to do with the 'actual' condition of the product and whether it's been used within its' designed parameters. The InstaTrim actuators are a well designed product utilizing a cup style seal. I've spoken with a great many tab owners (of various brands) and a large majority of those people report that it is the trim tab plates that don't hold up, not the actuators. One person (you know who you are if you're reading ;) mentioned that his marina unknowingly, lifted his boat 'by the tabs', and the actuators were never compromised, his tabs were toast however. As you know, with boating, and ESPECIALLY with boating it seems, anything can and often does happen.

My take? Design an all around solid product that doesn't overrun the capabilities of previously proven components and never look back. Most people I deal with do not require a Kplane installation (or similar product) and if you don't need it...why pay for it? Especially when you have an existing trim tab kit installed that can offer the same benefits, when utilizing a Victory tab, at a fraction of the cost, not considering any installation headaches you may encounter with a Kplane style tab. ie. engine room clearance issues when trying to thru-bolt with TWIN engine installations, high marina installation prices etc. This is a kit that any boat owner can install him/herself in minimal time! Yes, I've had female customers. :cool: :drink:

Who said performance has to be expensive? :D

Talk to you soon.

Brian

fruitta55 11-03-2004 07:56 PM

Martini you mentioned the lenco's. do you have a system for them as well as the bennets?

martiniboat 11-04-2004 06:30 AM

Why yes, yes I do fruitta55!

The Victory Lenco upgrade for the single ram system consists of either a 15" or a 19" plate, depending on your application and/or specific needs. I also offer two different stainless steel upper actuator mounts. One is a stock replacement that offers a larger 'footprint' on your transom to better distribute the load and the other is a 'full' backing plate, much like a Kplane.

All Victory upgrade kits ( for Bennett, Lenco, InstaTrim, Kplane) come complete with larger stainless steel mounting hardware, simple instructions and a 100% money back guarantee. There is nothing else to buy. If you're not satisfied with your purchase, send them back for a full refund!

Brian