If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My Boats:
    KAAMA Scarab
    Toledo, O-hi-O
    Wasn't JAP an English Motor Mfg.

My Boats:
    1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
    Iowa - Missouri
    Mark I hope you are right...and I hope it is priced REASONABLE...

My Boats:
    94 43SC Black Thunder
    Originally posted by MARK BENTLEY
    You will see an upgrade from Mercury. New unit, way tougher than the XR, shimable uppers with tapered roller bearings etc. Bolts on a Bravo Transom assy. They are done with r&d, production should be started in Stillwater soon, if it hasn't already.
    Interesting rumor, tell us more!

Los Angeles California
    Originally posted by ernie davis
    Wasn't JAP an English Motor Mfg.
    yeap.... James.... A.... Prestwich.... JAP

My Boats:
    2000 Century CCF 2600
    Melbourne, FL
    I've been looking for alternative to TRS drives--pretty much same questions need answered--

Arnesons are great--BUT--require either transmission change from B/W to TwinDisc drop tranny OR lower engine several inches to get drives to right location on transon--big bucks and/or lotta work; the Arenson conversion kit is well done but prices project out of realistic reach for ROI;

Konrads seem well done and folks are super knowledgable--but you get locked in to proprietary parts and limited distribution and low volume sales make pricing too high to have good ROI on older boat;

I just found some info on a TRS to Bravo adapter at -- I'm waiting for thier specs and prices -- we'll see if that's a viable alternative to traditional Bravo conversion PITA;

Nobody's talked about JetDrive's ??

I've got the Arensons but gonnahave to bail on that conversion because of cost and technical issue's--anybody interested ???

Anybody got any really creative TRS replacement success stories?

ASgree with all ...would like stong drive for less $$$$$

However - say i buy a Conrad, Weisman, B-Max etc, go out for the day and have a problem. The drive needs to be removed, crateed up, sent to mfg, wait for diagnosis, authorize repair or correction, wait till it is shipped back to me, bribe mechanic to re-install and hoped i have not missed a month of precious boating time.

Most Quality shops can repair and or replace Mercury drives within a weeks time. Service and inventory will get me back on the water quickly. I'm stickin with the quickest solution....not the least expensive

My Boats:
    Renegade 29
    Tampabay Florida

Mark Bentley ...heard similar talk today at a Poker Run. Merc was testing in the Keys recently with new drives. They tested a drive on his 04 25 Outlaw , GPS'ed at 75mph 496HO a gain of 7mph over a stock Bravo. There are some upgrades in the pipeline. What exactly those upgrades will be, we'll have to wait and see.

My Boats:
    1991 SUTPHEN 26
    Fairhaven Ma
    Merc's new shimmable upper is out now on new HP packages. Just got the tools and the manuals.Lots of new tools, shimming tools, gear jig/fixtures, and lash flags. Imco for years has had good luck w/ shimming upper gear sets.Merc is on the same path now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234