Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
More cops that don't want to work. >

More cops that don't want to work.

Notices

More cops that don't want to work.

Old 02-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down More cops that don't want to work.

My best friends truck my old truck a 96 F350 4x4 psd crew cab, was stolen and gone for 3 days then he got the call that they found it. So he asked when he could pick it up, when would they be done doing there investigation. They said they won't be doing one.

So he goes down to pick up the truck and it's pretty fed up and out of diesel. On the inside he find's all kind's of drug stuff needles homemade pipes and empty baggies. So he go's and tell's the cop's about what he found and the cop says "look Buddy you got your truck back what more do you want us to do." So he has it towed back to his house because he knows it's going to take some time to check it over. While cleaning it out he finds he phone that has a bunch of new numbers received and dialed, so he writes them down, then he find's his camera and see's that they used the rest of his film. He took the film down to 1 hour photo, when he gets it back there are a bunch of perfectly good pictures of 4 guy's doing drugs drinking beer putting their cigarettes out on the seats.

So he takes the beer bottles with all the finger prints on them the pictures the phone numbers and all the drug crap down to the Police station and talked to the guy in charge of auto theft, and told him everything and showed him the picture's. He said the guy wouldn't even look at it, told him nobody was killed and he got his truck back. Told him he should let his insurance fix the truck and to try to forget about it.

So what gives law men, I mean with crap like this it makes it impossible for me to respect what you guys do because now I don't know what that is.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Registered

ARE YOU KIDDING?????
Old 02-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds to me like your friend would make a great cop (or investigator). At least alot better than what is in your area.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Banned

Where was this?
Old 02-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Registered

NO not at all I can't believe it, I am really mad, this was a real nice truck with only 40k miles on it and they are going to get away with it. This guy has been my best friend since I was 3 and this was the first new truck I ever bought and the nicest thing he ever had.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Registered

This happened in Columbia MD. My friend is a upper middle class guy work's for NASA, has a nice 500K house. You would think they would want to do a little bit of work .
Old 02-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is f'd up. He has every right to be pissed. I think I'd take it to the next level within the PD.

Good luck.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Troutly????????????????????????????????
Old 02-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Registered

Post the pics here, i bet we can find them, or get a PI and find them yourself. The cops will only arrest them and release them....you can use a bat to straighten them out.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Registered

Lapse of Reason,
That's wrong. I'd be hot!!!! I'd have your friend take his story to the press. I'm sure the higher ups won't be pleased watching that on television.
Dan

Quick Reply: More cops that don't want to work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.