If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    My Boats:
    Clear Lake, Texas
    Originally posted by shawn
    What Spectre accident?

Check here....

My Boats:
    1999 Spectre 36
    Fells Point MD

1975 X-18 Donzi, Arneson Platinum Member GEOO's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Boating, scuba, fishing
    My deepest sympathy to the family & freinds.

The dream for speed is in most of our blood. It is one of the fuel's which energizes our souls, too bad the same speed which lifts us to a high feeling of life can turn, all to quickly and take it away.

My Boats:
    2002 Sonic 31
    Crownsville, Maryland

Found this on the CBPBA site think it sums it up

For centuries man has attempted to be better than his neighbor either by being a better hunter or providing better shelter for his family. Then with the invention of the wheel it became apparent that he who was the fastest would ultimately win.

In his quest man has pushed all the limits, Christopher Columbus sailing for the Indies, the Wright brothers first flight, Robert Goddard ‘s vision of space exploration, Ab Jenkins setting the land speed record in Bonneville, the White Star Lines Olympic and Titanic, Tom Gentry Transatlantic record crossing and the list goes on….

Speed as defined by Webster - Prosperity in an undertaking - success; The act or state of moving swiftly - swiftness; rate of motion -velocity; Swiftness or the rate of performance or action.

Webster’s definition aptly describes Ed Mosmiller.

A man who’s business slogan is " Do you have a need for speed?" "Do You want to run out front?" "Do you have what it takes?"

You may remember Triple Play. The Hustler full of Ed’s friends going up and down the bay enjoying the water and what it offers a man like Ed. Yet Ed was always looking for something more. Faster, safer, head turning style were always in the back of his mind.

You may remember Ed on the dock at Red Eye helping a fellow boater tie up. Showing off his boats. A man that was proud and determined to make a mark on the boating industry. You may remember Ed at club events talking with his friends and sharing his ideas with fellow boaters. Or just that friendly smile and wave as he passed you on the water.

Ed wasn’t a complicated man he was very focused and determined. He knew what he wanted and knew how to achieve his goal. Integrated Turbine Service was created in 2001 by Ed to fulfill his passion for high performance boating. An avid boater for many years, Ed has owned several high performance production boats, each stronger and more powerful than it's predecessor. But he was never satisfied!

Ed wanted the ultimate performance boat to satisfy his need for speed. It had to be fast, stylish, safe, and possess incredible handling characteristics. He couldn't find what he was searching for on the open market. After considerable research, Ed decided to build the "package" that would meet all of his requirements. The ITS Turbine Skater was born... and it exceeded all of Ed's desires.

Perusing your dreams is something we all do. To turn those dreams into a reality is something only a few can achieve. In Ed’s case it was apparent that he had done so. He had produced the ultimate performance boat, had the respect of the boating industry and was on his way to new goals.

Like many of those before him, Ed has paid the ultimate price in pursuing his dreams and achieving goals. Ed was able to see his dream to reality and for that we should all smile. For those that knew and boated with Ed there will always be a void, but remember that Ed lost his life pursuing his dream on the water "exceeding the need!"

Let us not forget Roger Madden who also lost his life with Ed "Exceeding the Need!"

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Ed Mosmiller and Roger Madden

Mark Willis
    Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Association

Co-Host "Boating on The Chesapeake" AM 1190

My Boats:
    1994 36 Apache
    Northeast MD
    I remember Ed's Triple Play Hustler.Awesome boat and he had the best slip you could have at Red Eyes.I only had the fortune of saying hello to him once at Jellyfish Joels at the beginning of last summer.

LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!! Platinum Member DPT MOTORSPORTS's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Beachwood, NJ

God Speed!!!!!!

Thoughts and Prayers for the families of these two individuals!!!!!!

Sarasota, FL
    Please reserve speculating on the accident until the investigation is complete.

Chris Mornes and Rick Wimp of Arneson will be inspecting the boat Thursday with the officials on hand.

Chris Mornes, GM
    Douglas Marine Corp

Charter Member Charter Member Ted G's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Marlago 35 FS, 18 Neptune CC
    Edgerock Baby!!
    There was a celebration of Ed's life today attended by about 300 people. It was a time for everyone to share and remember the good times.

High heels, short skirts, big hair, and Coor's light......

Godspeed Ed
    Chesapeake Bay Powerboat Association

My Boats:
    '00 45 Sonic
    Northern VA
    Any news on finding Roger???

My Boats:
    1990 Silverton 34 Express
    Nothing as of yet. My hopes of finding him soon so the family can rest in comfort knowing he has been laid to rest in the proper way.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast