If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Enjoy the show VIP Member Ron P's Avatar
    The Joisey Shore

Miami - NY 04, the race is OFF

Hello Race Fans,

There is no easy way to say this……The Miami – New York 04 race has been canceled. The organizers went into this with their eyes wide open and their hearts in the right place, but logistically it was proving impossible to pull everything together in such a short time span.

So far, there were 10 boats preregistered representing four countries. This would have been enough teams to stage the race and I’m sure more teams would have registered as the time got closer. We also had a tremendous response from potential sponsors but they needed more than six months notice to put something like this into their budget. We also heard from teams that were planning on building or completely re-rigging a boat just for this event, that they needed more time to get prepared.

The organizers are in the processes of shifting gears and are now looking toward next year. Within the next month they will be setting a date for Miami – New York 05 so that plans can be made with plenty of notice for all concerned.

This is an unfortunate turn of events but the organizers are dedicated to the event and will use the current momentum to make this race happen during the summer of 05.

My Boats:
    2009 FORMULA 292
    Lake George, NY it's not called "Queen of American Lakes" for nothin'!
    Not to bad. I think that more time to plan for all involved will only help to ensure that the race is a success. I thought it sounded like it would be a rush to get it put together so quickly. Good luck for a GREAT RACE in '05!

Lighthouse Point Fl
    as long as they have it.. it's still really cool...

Edison, NJ, USA
    Well, that sucks. But it gives me time to get the new boat ready

My Boats:
    98 Baja 36 Outlaw
    I just hope that the plans dont fall apart now. Hopefully they keep at it and we will get to experience a great race next year.

My Boats:
    Boatless... Damn...
    Yeah I just got this email as well.... I am still in Ron for help in Daytona if needed... Just lemme know!

Platinum Member Platinum Member GLH's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Burlington, VT
    Good thing not to rush into such an endeavor doing it in 05 will let the event build more momentum rather than doing something not planned well enough, and ruin the thing.
    If it's the Paris-Dakar organizers they know what they need to do to pull off a successful race.