Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Just received a new assessment... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73044-ot-just-received-new-assessment.html)

Cord 03-02-2004 02:50 PM

Remember-they did not raise the tax rate! No, they only adjusted the assesments!

WesSmith 03-02-2004 03:05 PM

Originally posted by Shane
If the housing market plummets, I wonder if they will re-adjust the assessments?:rolleyes:

Now that's the question of the day !:)

My taxes went up $3000 this year alone...funny , the level of service didn't improve and the snow still took two days to be removed from my street !

DaveP 03-02-2004 03:28 PM

Stop your cryin!

You make the big bucks! You can afford it! :D ;) :p :crazy: :chick: :chimp:

BRET 03-02-2004 03:43 PM

Just got mine. Up 90 %. The property doesn't have a CO yet. Taxing me on what they think it will be worth when its done:eek:

CigDaze 03-02-2004 03:49 PM

I guess that's the beauty of Homestead exemption in FL. The assessed value cannot increase more than 3% per year...Of course, that doesn't mean chit as far as the tax rate goes, but it still helps avoid most big surprises like this.

mr_velocity 03-02-2004 04:26 PM

Originally posted by Baja Daze
I guess that's the beauty of Homestead exemption in FL. The assessed value cannot increase more than 3% per year...Of course, that doesn't mean chit as far as the tax rate goes, but it still helps avoid most big surprises like this.
My parents changed their residency last year from PA to FL just for that reason. Real estate on Hutchinson Island is taking off and they wanted to lock in while they could. Wish we had that here in NJ.

McGary911 03-02-2004 04:58 PM

Originally posted by mr_velocity
We're going to get ours this summer and I'm expecting the same to happen to us only because waterfront prop in NJ has outpaced the rest of the market.
Last year, mine went up about 45% on the beach in belmar, nj. MV you said it right about the waterfront property in NJ. Yes, i realize that my property increased in value above the mean in crease in town, but dammit, it sucks to be paying more. I wont realize my extra value till i sell it......

thedonz 03-02-2004 05:08 PM

I bought my house December 2002, new tax bill increased 100%!!!!!!!!!

My second home in the Keys, obviously not Homestead protected, went up 90%!!!!!

Insurance for windstorm also increased by 80% because of re-valuation and value increase!!!!!!!!!

where will it stop????????????

Offshoreracr 03-02-2004 05:21 PM

OUCH!!!

Mr. Demeanor 03-02-2004 05:32 PM

Originally posted by Shane
If the housing market plummets, I wonder if they will re-adjust the assessments?:rolleyes:
Sure, just like my insurance rates go down as my vehicles depreciate.