Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Project Update - 45 Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73057-project-update-45-apache.html)

Dock Rat 05-12-2004 09:36 PM

Hot Duck- Incredible, beautiful boat. Nice classic offshore lines!!!!! I've seen 41 and 47 Apaches but this is the first 45. How many did they build? Is this a Marc McManus hull? Congrats on a job done right!

Sydwayz 05-12-2004 09:40 PM

Holy crap!! 87 in that Monster is MOVING!! Any estimates on what is left?

Hot Duck 05-13-2004 01:43 AM

Dock Rat: Thank you for the compliment. To the best of my knowledge, this is the only 45 Apache ever built. Why they only built one 45, I don't know. Maybe somebody else on the board can tell us. Hey Lucy, are you out there?

Sydwayz: I agree. Even if Tres doesn't find any more speed, I will still be perfectly happy. I was really surprised when he called me with the numbers. From the get go, we were shooting for low 80's or a little better. I actually thought that Tres was gonna have to tweak the boat a lot to reach that goal, but it ran 85mph right out of the box with the first set of props that he tried. Using these props as a base line, he tried another set that put the RPMs where they should be. These are the props that ran 87mph.

Tres is now going to make some minor changes to try to make it carry the bow a little higher. It may be a matter of playing with the drive heights or it may involve a little bit of bottom work. We'll see. Anyhow, 87 is still very respectable in my book, especially for an old "resin bucket" like this. :D

O.C.Barry 05-13-2004 05:56 AM

It is the only 45 Apache ever built. It was built by Mark McManus for Steve Baldwin in Baltimore as "RDS Systems". Steve owned the RDS company. Steve finished one point behind Little Caesers in the annual points. He then sold it to Allen Feinhold who raced it as "Apache Kid".

GLH 05-13-2004 06:11 AM

Impressive.

Very nice rig HD and congratulation on your commitment again.

birdog 05-13-2004 06:43 AM

Damn !! Thats movin on for a "Lumpy Resin Bucket" !:D
Congrats !!!

trader1 05-13-2004 09:18 AM

Hot Duck, are you interested in doing the poker run out of red eyes the end of june??

Hot Duck 05-13-2004 12:56 PM

Absolutely. Just point me in the right direction to get the info on the run.

trader1 05-13-2004 01:14 PM

I will get it and send it to you, I'll be there this weekend(tonight). When are you headed down to see the boat? I bought a 33 powerplay again and have to go and sea trial it at Tres'. Maybe we could catch up.

Hot Duck 05-13-2004 01:41 PM

Congrats on the Powerplay! Are you heading to see Tres this weekend or are you heading here to OC? Right now we are just waiting for the word from Tres to head that way to get the boat. He still has a little dial in work to do, but it should be completed very soon.