Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Project Update - 45 Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73057-project-update-45-apache.html)

Hot Duck 05-21-2004 02:10 AM

Re: Project Update - 45 Apache

1 Attachment(s)
Can you say multi-colored? :D It will all come together in the end after some paint and/or vinyl work.

Hot Duck 05-21-2004 02:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

GregP 05-21-2004 06:59 AM

That's the only boat I've seen with more deck to buff than my Formula.

Also, I vote for keep the white hull and teal logo and put the teal interior back in it.
-Greg

Audiofn 05-21-2004 07:36 AM

Sounds like Tres is having to much fun with your boat and you may never get it back :D:D

Jon

baja27 05-21-2004 08:06 AM

Hotduck that boat is coming along nicely. If you ever decide to sell her please keep me in mind.

Ron P 05-21-2004 08:48 AM

Ron P : Hey man! We are getting it all cleaned up and ready for you! I'll contact you as soon as we get it back to OC.
Great, we'll need to go crush some waves in that big ol' bad boy. Can't wait.

Hot Duck 05-23-2004 03:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The detailing work on the exterior of the boat and on the engines is finished. Needless to say, I am very impressed with the results. I will have some pics of the finished cockpit this coming week.

Tonto 05-24-2004 06:42 AM

HD,
You coming down this week? Looked at the boat last week and it looks awsome. Let me know.
Robert

WetKitty42 05-24-2004 09:16 AM

Will,

Did you have to change the transom Mounts and gimbles when you did the drysump conversion?

Fred

Hot Duck 05-24-2004 09:31 PM

Tonto: Thank you. I can't wait to get down there again. We will be down there as soon as our drives are finished. We are just waiting on the word from Tres. I seriously doubt that it will be any time this week. I am thinking that it will be the later part of next week if everything goes well. We'll see. Tres has worked some miracles in the past, so you never know. I'll keep you posted.

WetKitty42: We do not have to change any of that because we are using the same uppers and just converting them to dry sump. The old lowers, however, will be removed and replaced with a new pair with the swept back skeg. As you know, these already contain the dry sump setup right from Mercury. With this combination, we get all of the benefits of the new dry sump drives, but at a fraction of the cost of a new pair.