Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Let the wife trailer/take the boat out? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73255-let-wife-trailer-take-boat-out.html)

thedonz 03-04-2004 11:07 PM

ho'in a bit now since everyone else is asleep

Strip Poker 388 03-04-2004 11:19 PM

Mine has a hard time even driving my 4dr dually.Not worth taken a chance. Hell no:eek:

I have let some of my buddy's drive my Hustler and I wish I hadn't.Especially when one past someone so close they think there on a 2 lane road. Most girls could have done better.

Innov500s 03-04-2004 11:23 PM

Girlfriend will drive only if I run the trim and taps. I don't think she will ever be able to dock it. I'm just happy she can trailer it home after a long weekend of boating.

R Addiction 03-04-2004 11:31 PM

Originally posted by WARPAINT
My wife used to drive my 16ft -------- with no problem.She Has no desire to wheel the Apache.Too many sticks for her.She can only work one stick at a time:p ;)
And she does it well!!!!!!:p

Mr. Demeanor 03-04-2004 11:33 PM

All your wives should know how to drive if anything ever happened to you. I know my wife could get us home.
I have to live with the fact that the fastest my boat ever went was with my wife at the wheel. Its also the lowest we ever ran the gas tank but she still the fastest.

R Addiction 03-04-2004 11:36 PM

I don't have a problem with it!! After all it is her boat!!!;) She trailered it 1/2 way back from FLA. with a V-10 Dodge dually w/o a problem....at 95 mph!!!:p

jdnca1 03-04-2004 11:36 PM

My wife puts mine in and pulls out all the time. I LOVE watching all the guys on the ramp tap their buddy and point at her with that "Watch This" mentality. She wips it right around and backs it down the 1st try almost every time....the "audience" usually just shake their heads in disbelief....:D A LONG trailer helps anyone look like a pro though....:p ;)

dyno 03-05-2004 05:22 AM

NEVER!!!

blownincome 03-05-2004 05:44 AM

I see it all the time...

Originally posted by yzbert
I would, she can drive boat, trailer and me like a pro. 36 outlaw with f 250 crew cab.

i love it when she pulls up to the ramp, sticks it in the first try, guys staring and struggling with there jet ski's

We pull up to the ramp I get out she gets in the driver seat and all eyes look toward us she pull forward and puts it in the ramp 1 shot night or day! after I load or unload every time I will have at least 1 person ask how big is the boat and how long has my wife been able to drive a dually let alone launch/load like a pro...No problem with letting her go alone with the fountain or the 4 place sled trailer:D Oh Ya and LMAO when I watch the other side shows at the ramp!

hp500efi 03-05-2004 06:18 AM

My wife is the one that has the trailer connected, lights connected, safety chains and packed ready to go the minute I drive in the driveway. She has NO problem at all backing up a trailer, or for that matter pulling the boat and trailer out of the water.

She does it all the time and with pride :)