Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Let the wife trailer/take the boat out? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73255-let-wife-trailer-take-boat-out.html)

RebarBox 03-05-2004 11:40 AM

A little history on my wife...

About 7 - 8 years ago, I had went out a bought my wife a small diamond ring that she said she liked. Brought it home and surprised the hell out of her. She bounced around the house a while and wanted to go show her friend down the street. So, she left the house to go get in the new Jeep Wrangler we had purchased a couple months earlier (she had wanted that POS too!) and about 45 seconds later, she came back in the house and looked like a wiped pup. She said 'If you want to return the ring, I understand', I looked at her confused and asked what happened? She said that she was so giddy about the ring she forgot to open the garage door BEFORE backing out!!!!!!

New ring + new garage door = Expensive!:rolleyes:

So......turn my wife loose in my boat..........NOT A CHANCE!:D

388Hustler 03-05-2004 12:08 PM

No thank you

Nothing against my wife, but I don't let anyone take my boat without me.

Dd24skater 03-05-2004 12:19 PM

My wife will take the boat out with her friends. She can back up a trailer better than most of the guys at the ramp, and is proud of it! She will load the boat on to the trailer and dock it whenever it is necessary however, I don't think she has ever taken it off the trailer. She will run the boat up to about 90 if she is playing with someone and that is great to see when they find out that its her in the boat.

JUSTONCE 03-05-2004 12:42 PM

Originally posted by Dd24skater
My wife will take the boat out with her friends. She can back up a trailer better than most of the guys at the ramp, and is proud of it! She will load the boat on to the trailer and dock it whenever it is necessary however, I don't think she has ever taken it off the trailer. She will run the boat up to about 90 if she is playing with someone and that is great to see when they find out that its her in the boat.
Please tell her if she sees me on my boat this summer with a girl or two not to spank me. I don't think I could bear the embarassment of getting smoked by a girl:eek: while showing off.:D btw: how have you been?

Chart 03-06-2004 10:08 AM

Originally posted by Audiofn
...so this year when things are 100% on the boat....
Jon

That has to be one of the funniest things ever posted on OSO:D

my32dominator 03-06-2004 10:34 AM

Re: Let the wife trailer/take the boat out?

Originally posted by grads2112
Just curious how many of you would let your wife trailer,launch and take the boat out by herself or with friends.
No Way!! But the wife does a great job of driving the truck while launching, loading and parking the rig.

mopower 03-06-2004 11:46 AM

My wife can't back into the driveway WITHOUT a trailer............you fill in the rest:rolleyes:

Quick story: Our last vaction to Lake Winnipesaukee in NH. We had to launch about a mile from where we were staying. Well , she drove the truck back and I ran the boat back. I docked and found her waiting on the side of the road. At least she was smart enough not to try to get into a small reserved area for the trailers:D
For you who are familiar with the area..launch was at Christmas Island and we usually stay at the Naswa;)

liquid asset 03-06-2004 03:16 PM

what r u smokin?????????????????????

vagrant 03-08-2004 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thank god my wife can drive the Boat and Truck. Otherwise I might be left at the dock.:D

vagrant 03-08-2004 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Truck