Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Home from the Trip from hell.... >

Home from the Trip from hell....

Notices

Home from the Trip from hell....

Old 03-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home from the Trip from hell....

well you name it and it went wrong......
left Thursday morning at 9am we stopped twice to fill up. got delayed in cleveland Ohio the Cops shut down the other side of the highway for miles and had a detore at our exit, just missed the chase the car was in the ditch rooled over and the back end of one of the Partol cars was smashed in.. Troutly was in our thoughts bad boyz bad boyz
at around 1 am Kell was getting and a little hungry so I delayed stopping for another hour. I was only 80 miles out from the Ozarks!!! just off 70 stopped at Denny's pulled into the parking lot and it sounded like popcorn under the truck coming from transfer case area, oil from midway back everywhere....
we ate and the whole time I'm thinking I wander if I can make it to the hotel across the street. got in the room around 3 am thinking were f**ked should have bought the new truck... went to flush toilet broke had to pull the chain in tank everytime...
next morning called around for a new transfer case could get one Tuesday morning for 850.00 but need the old one. kept Vincent and Kevin informed. filled with wrong oil I decided to go for it. pulled into Vincents and worked allday on a stone parking lot.. around 6;30pm found it Crack decided to try JB WELD... $4.00 at your local walmart can be installed at holiday inn parking lot..
meet up with Kevin and Monica later that night. GOT DRUNK..... Kell drove back to the hotel she did better then I would have...
Saturday morn no leak time to get the boat ready to go.... mind you Kevin kept saying don't do it you'll never make it home I'll take the boat to my house... and we'll go out tonight... The storm was coming and I knew I had to start out to beat it. got to Vincents and...
Short in the trailer brakes, thought it might be my truck Kevin hooked it up to his no Brakes...
Spent all day pulling all the tires left around dusk... made it home monday at 8pm

from now on we will have Kevin just bring us the boat..
The boat is awesome... and Kevin and Monica are great people and had a great time with them. and they really know how to make you feel comfortable.. we had alot of fun hanging out with them and hearing about the Ozarks. this boat was friend of thiers and anything we needed they took care of us and that really is awesome... It wasn't like buying a boat it was like making new friends... even though his money was not on us making it home... he kept calling going how far are ya now...
we know we need a tow vehicle but between 32 Baja bought in Aigust and then 31' Cig bought in November and then lets not forget the Hawk power motor which will be done soon... sweet motor and will have lots of pic's of it being put together and someone will have a kick a** engine....
we towed our Bullet home on a 2002 1/2 ton on JB WELD
Attached Thumbnails Home from the Trip from hell....-100_1165.jpg  
Old 03-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a normal trip to me

When I went down to get my Formula on Long Island I got up at 4:00am. Hit the road at 4:30. I was having trouble with my truck and it was in the shop so I asked a buddy to barrow his truck. We headed out and made it to Long Island with out a issue. I get there and there are no chains on the trailer, and the lights don't work. So we hop in the truck and get some chain and wire to fix the lights. Finally a couple hours later we are on the road. I am excited as all get out and the delay has not yet fazed me. We go over the throngs neck (I think that is what it was) bridge and then into rush hour traffic. All of the sudden it is like a bomb goes off under the truck. The thing back fired so bad it was rediculous. It looses power but is still barely able to pull the boat. I look at my surroundings and decided that there is NO WAY I was going to stop there. I figured even if I am only going 10 mph I will tow it to CT that way!!! So litterally at btwn 10 and 30 miles per hour (depending on up or downhill) we head to CT. At the first rest area I pull in. I call my bro and ask him if he can drive down with my truck. NO WAY he tells me (first time he has ever let me down) No one else could get a truck to me either. I also can not get in touch with the owner. Had I been able to I would have known that it was just a fouled plug. Needless to say it died on us 4 times on the way home and we pulled back into the house at 3 am the fallowing morning. What should have taken about 10 hours took us 23!!!!

Next day I pulled it to the shop and just as I was pulling it in a wheel bearing fell apart.

Jon
Old 03-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Too Old
Well, the boat looks good even in the dark.
Thanks... we love the Boat, but we think we hook the Truck to the wrong end ,
Just glad to be home can't wait for the ice to melt......
made sure we could see it from the room.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Registered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Audiofn
[B]Sounds like a normal trip to me
I call my bro and ask him if he can drive down with my truck. NO WAY he tells me (first time he has ever let me down) No one else could get a truck to me either.

What should have taken about 10 hours took us 23!!!!

Jon.....

LMAO My brother was on stand by every hour closer to home he was grateful....

our biggest fear was breaking down in ST Louis... Bullet proof glass and talking to a cop who looked like he didn't even want to be there..

yeah at a better note it looks like we still went faster the Troutly even in tow.... and had no trailer plate ha ha ha made it home....

next time your on a trip like that call us we'll help ya out been there..... we are buying an Excursion....
Old 03-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya my brother put it to me like this. Even if we are only going 30 it would be like him going 60 down and back. So I figured go for it. There were some hills that I had to put it in 4 wheel low!!!

Jon
Old 03-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Registered

Jon...

I hope he lost all privileges for driving your boat....
and say to him its like....SWIMMING HALF WAY THERE AND BACK BUT YOU MADE IT.... I DIDN'T EVEN HALF TO THROW YOU A LIFE VEST......
Old 03-06-2004, 06:44 AM
Banned

Here you go. I figure it's the least I can after a trip like that. Pretty boat by the way!
Attached Thumbnails Home from the Trip from hell....-100_1165.jpg  
Old 03-06-2004, 07:06 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice boat. Get us some daytime close-ups. Paint looks very interesting
Old 03-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Registered

You didn't have WaterFoul in your truck did you?
Old 03-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Registered

I can't believe you made it back on JB weld...
Thats an awesome boat
congrats

Quick Reply: Home from the Trip from hell....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.