Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A few pics of our Skater plant tour today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73387-few-pics-our-skater-plant-tour-today.html)

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-15-2004 10:51 AM

I may not be totally correct on this but my feeling only from being a part of the Team that originally worked with the 399V are as follows. This was a new venture for Skater having mostly dealt with Cats in the past. He lay-ed up a few other V bottoms for other manufacturers mainly for racing purposes in the past but nothing from his own molds. I think Skater would like to get the 399v to their exacting standards before releasing it to the public. If any of you were in Marathon, Florida this year and watched the Super V race you saw that the 399v decimated the fleet only to have weight added to it for the continuation of the season. Also if no one knows this there is a waiting list for a New Skater as each boat is a custom built piece. Hope this helps out with some of the ?s. I am only sharing the little I know about Skater.

Downtown42 03-15-2004 11:14 AM

I talked with them some when they were here in Milw. That is a fast hull design.

Waterfoul 03-15-2004 05:13 PM

Skater now has their OWN mold for the 399.... the mold laid up by Baja is on it's way BACK to Baja. While we were there, I personally saw 2 399 hulls, one was a pleasure boat on the finish side of the plant getting it's interior and driveline, the other was a race hull fresh from the mold. They have changed the bottom since the Spider Man boat.... something to do with the lifting strakes and their positions.... he wouldn't let me take any pics of it though.... top secret you know!! :D

Waterfoul 03-15-2004 05:15 PM

Skater now has their OWN mold for the 399.... the mold laid up by Baja is on it's way BACK to Baja. While we were there, I personally saw 3 399 hulls, one was a pleasure boat on the finish side of the plant getting it's interior and driveline, one was in the mold, and the other was a race hull fresh from the mold (it was upside down to boot!). They have changed the bottom since the Spider Man boat.... something to do with the lifting strakes and their positions.... he wouldn't let me take any pics of it though.... top secret you know!! :D

Downtown42 03-15-2004 05:16 PM

ahhhh...

Cord 03-16-2004 08:01 AM

The one 399 that's getting it's interior installed will be the only one with a full cabin. All others will have a race only cabin. ie-raw glass. If you want an interior you should buy a Formula. Maybe a Fountain. :D

cowisl 05-02-2004 05:27 PM

cant wait to see it

Steve 1 05-02-2004 09:07 PM

Thanks for the pictures nice operation.