Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Skidoo Guys... This link will get your blood Pumping!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73433-skidoo-guys-link-will-get-your-blood-pumping.html)

JROMY 03-07-2004 11:05 AM

Cool. That video almost makes you feel sorry for the people in Miami who can't snowmobile and have to sit on their boats year round....:p

traviss 03-07-2004 11:10 AM

ok. This was my first year riding.. Does this happen to all of you.

While drivng my truck now.

I drive it WFO all i can.

I think my truck sucks cause I can't lift the tires of the ground when I floor it.

I never stop for corners..

I lean into every corner I go into.. and sometimes I have to hang out the window

Everytime I pass someone, I give the handle signal for how many cars behind me.

I ride around town with my helmet on and the window down..

Is this normal?? or what

:D :D :D

MitchStellin 03-07-2004 11:27 AM

Hey Traviss, we missed you last night. I give trucks the signal on the road:D and you can leave the ground if you hit the tracks at the right speed:D I don't abuse my truck or boats because i know I will be able to on the sled. I look forward to winter so I can feel the speed and pull. I can't aford a boat like that or a race car so this works great.:D

traviss 03-07-2004 11:33 AM

yeah mitch, I couldn't swing it cause I had no cash, whats new :(

You know I do mix my sled oil into my truck gas just to get the 2 stroke smell :D :D :D

MitchStellin 03-07-2004 04:33 PM

Good idea Traviss give those valves a nice oil bath. I always put my old mixed gas in the truck (when it was a gaser). Troutly is right, it is snowing hard here and sticking. I am going to go to sleep until this winter is over..maybe a month left of hit and miss snow and to be honest, I am over it.:rolleyes:

blownincome 03-07-2004 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Almost time to put them to sleep for the summer...just 1-2 more rides I hope..:D

check freak 03-07-2004 05:37 PM

There were about 5 REVs at the White Star auction yesterday. None of the 03 REVs sold, the reserves were at about $4400 4600, the only 04 was a 600 HO and it brought $5400. Nothing was going high, except a 02 ZR 600 EFI cross country. 2 guys must have really wanted it, went for $3700. That auction along with the REV chassis has really killed the market on the ZX, wait till next year. I bet the same thing happens with Polaris when the 900 hits the market.

MitchStellin 03-07-2004 05:52 PM

Your right, when chassis's become obsolete the values drop and the market gets a major correction. The REV is revolutionary, it took one year to test on the market and this season the word spread like wild fire. I don't know one person, regardless of their level of brand loyalty (which is insane in some cases) that did not think the ride was superior. They talk about a little instability in corners but with the traffic on the trails the corners are too dangerous to be racing through anyway. It is nice to see mfgs taking chances with new ideas, with marginal snow the majority or the last 5-6 years it is expensive to R&D without worrying and many sit back and wait for profits again. I want one but don't absolutely need one. I do need a boat so that is first priority now.:D

blownincome 03-08-2004 05:40 AM

Mitch..
same up here there are some trails that I cringe going into corners (a little gun shy) from almost being hit.. The Iroc- ing days are over.. however on the wide open stuff!!! I still like the sit back position of my Mach Z But the new sled is the best of both worlds forward position and less angle on the running boards..Should be a good mix.
Bob

open87 03-08-2004 06:00 AM

blowinincome, i gotta come paint for you . the bodyshop biz must be REAL good up there:D :D