Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Erie western basin boating questions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73503-lake-erie-western-basin-boating-questions.html)

RHC 03-08-2004 05:31 PM

Four Reasons to be a Rockett Rider

D :D

Hey,,, its 12:30 in the afternoon, we better leave the boats on the trailer!!!:rolleyes:

I only have 1/2 tank of gas ,,,, its over 20 miles over there ,,, I think!!!!:o

Yeah,,, and we wont have to pay dock fees, if we ride the Rocket!!!!:p :p

Hey JD,, if we ride the Rocket and we have a little too much at the Round Hse all we have to do is look for the big Yeller boat ,, just like always,,, rite!!! (quote from Capt. O)

and the #1 reason to ride the Rocket ,,,,,

IT WILL BE FASTER !!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool:

See Ya soon,,,, RHC

Twin O/B Sonic 03-08-2004 05:44 PM

Two things--

First is last we heard the Rocket was out of business Cordell. One of our winter get aways up north we were reading the local papers and basically it sounds like the Jet Express is screwing the Rocket people.
According to the paper (a month ago) the town of Put in Bay cancelled the dock lease (several months early) with the Rocket Ferry service. Only explanation is total BS until you read the fine print. (I tired calling the Rocket and there was no answer or message on their phone)
Guess who the president of Jet Express inc. is?? Mayor of PIB!!
The Jet Express people now have three boats and rumor was/is that they did'nt like the competition from an "outsider" and giving him dock space.
The owner of the docks is also partners with guess who?? The freagin Mayor!
You can get the effect of PIB by driving to West Harbor Peninsula and jumping on the Miller ferry over to PIB. (I refuse to give the jet any of my money)About a 1/2 hr drive from CP.
All those guys are in cahoots together. All the bar owners on PIB abd the ferry people and the polititians!
F*&& them!

The other trick is if the lake is nice run to the next island north which is Middle Bass and get a dock there. The state just bought part of it and it now has shore power but not showers yet.
Two way cool Tiki bars walking distance from the docks. The other trick is to jump on the $3. ferry from that island to PIB. Take a shower and party there and then go back to your boat on Middle.
Docks are a major premium on all the island and they don't cut anybody any slack.
Really kind of ruining it for a lot of us.

WickedWon 03-11-2004 06:12 AM

Re: Four Reasons to be a Rockett Rider

Originally posted by RHC
D :D

Hey,,, its 12:30 in the afternoon, we better leave the boats on the trailer!!!:rolleyes:

I only have 1/2 tank of gas ,,,, its over 20 miles over there ,,, I think!!!!:o

Yeah,,, and we wont have to pay dock fees, if we ride the Rocket!!!!:p :p

Hey JD,, if we ride the Rocket and we have a little too much at the Round Hse all we have to do is look for the big Yeller boat ,, just like always,,, rite!!! (quote from Capt. O)

and the #1 reason to ride the Rocket ,,,,,

IT WILL BE FASTER !!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool:

See Ya soon,,,, RHC

Roger I SWEAR it was raining in Sandusky that day :rolleyes: AND I HATE RUNNING IN THE RAIN ! I have also heard that the Rocket is done, Roger, since you've moved (and had to give up your position as " mayor of Eastlake" ) to Sandusky, it's time you get " hooked up" and find out what the hell is going on around your new digs ;) I'll be expecting a full report :D

JD

RHC 03-11-2004 07:04 AM

Raining in Sandusky

Ok:::D :D

I will buy that ,,, however ,,, Capt O told me that his boat was fast ----- I dont know how fast the rainstorm was ---- but it was gone when we got to the ramp!!!!!;)

Yes,,, we like it here a lot ,,, rite now we are going over plans ,,, could be a new boat house with two outside docks ,,, or could be a cottage with 4 docks ,,, not much parking but it is on the Bay,,, We transfer the land this week,,,, will keep you posted,,,

We leave for Ga (Low Country Run) on Tue the 16th will be back in a Week then make our finale plans,,, We have a rental by the month ,,, so---- not under any pressure ,,, can take my time and argue with the Powers that be ,, if u know what I mean...

Take care and see ya soon Roger and Steff