Notices

Cougar England/Brownie

Old 03-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BROWNIE
.........When they were finally delivered to us by SBM, they were the wrong pitch, wrong diameter, wrong material, wrong blade style, wrong number of blades, wrong bore, and not cupped. I spent a week at Berlitz practicing my Italian to tell that SOB how much I appreciated it..........
Yep, had a similar experience with a set for some ASD 18s myself. 60"x60" for 6" splined shafts to the tune of the long side of 40K .....must be something in the translation when ordering.........

AC
Old 03-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was 56' x 22' feet.........
What I remember most was the impression that when running parallel with the seas in big waves you could look across the deck 20 feet and see somebody on the other side that looked 10 feet down and the next minute he would look to be 10 feet above you..........and you were going 50mph!

AC
Old 03-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 38' V- Bottom

Anyone remember a 38' V - Bottom race boat in
the mid 1980's All red and it was named
Hustler. Possibly a cougar, if so do you have
any history on it?

Cougarman
Old 03-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We built that boat for a military demonstrator. Never actually sold any to them, but I did have a big demo with the Israeli Navy. Got a call from Washington, D.C., from their embassy, that one of their top Admirals was coming for a ride. I picked them up in a limo, and took them back to the "row". We took the big cat out, but is was smooth as a pisspot again. I spotted a huge tanker on the horizon and headed for it wide open. I chose just the right wake at just the right angle, and flew from one side of the wake, all the way across in the air to the smooth water on the other side. Everyone was delighted the performance. I let them fool around with the boat for a while, until it was time to go back to the airport. While we we waiting for the plane, the Admiral said "Mr. Brown, I like your boat, and I like you, but I must tell something". "I have been in the service of Israel since 1948, and have been an Admiral for 17 years. I have been a 5-star Admiral for 6 years. In all that time, you are the only person who ever called me 'Bro'"! I recalled that when we stood that big baby up, I looked over and said "What do you think, Bro?" I apologized profusely. A week later, my sec'y paged me for the phone. Who is it? He says "It's Bro!" Damn near sold them one, but peace broke out!
Old 03-17-2004, 03:25 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn near sold them one, but peace broke out!
Which peace was that?....Based on the events of recent years....it's over.

T2x
Old 03-17-2004, 03:27 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: 38' V- Bottom

Originally posted by CougarMan
Anyone remember a 38' V - Bottom race boat in
the mid 1980's All red and it was named
Hustler. Possibly a cougar, if so do you have
any history on it?

Cougarman
I think you are talking about Lou Cooper's Michigan built Maverick hull , built by Steve Baum..... a charming, if humorless, ghoul who ruled offshore with an iron glan...er... hand.

T2x
Old 03-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

While we we waiting for the plane, the Admiral said "Mr. Brown, I like your boat, and I like you, but I must tell something". "I have been in the service of Israel since 1948, and have been an Admiral for 17 years. I have been a 5-star Admiral for 6 years. In all that time, you are the only person who ever called me 'Bro'"! I recalled that when we stood that big baby up, I looked over and said "What do you think, Bro?"
Thats hilarious !
Old 03-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 56 x 22 !!

Originally posted by Andrew Corn
What I remember most was the impression that when running parallel with the seas in big waves you could look across the deck 20 feet and see somebody on the other side that looked 10 feet down and the next minute he would look to be 10 feet above you..........and you were going 50mph!

AC
WHOA ! . . . I just visualized that !

A boat version of the 'Mammoth Car'
Old 03-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Registered

Hey, T2x, I am getting my Switzer Stomper ready for Mt. Dora ACBS meeting. When I am wiring my big American Bridgeport engine, at my back is a fresh pair of T2x's, and 50 feet east is a complete glass Switzer Wing! Just thought you might be interested.......
Old 03-18-2004, 07:50 AM
Registered

When I have time, I'll tell you a story about suction under the back step on that boat. It is AMAZING.
When you get a break from working on your "Stomper", please continue telling us about the big cat.

I love this stuff!

Quick Reply: Cougar England/Brownie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.