Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cougar England/Brownie (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73755-cougar-england-brownie.html)

BROWNIE 03-12-2004 10:38 AM

Bobby Idoni's quote after the wreck, when asked if he was frightened: "Yes, but never enough to pull the killswitch".

T2x 03-12-2004 10:39 AM

Originally posted by Shane
Then there was this guy named T2x, no one knew his real name...he was a phantom of sorts. At some point in time he disappeared into obscurity (and obsolescence) only to re-appear years later when this new boating phenominon OSO appeared on the scene. Always trying to appear to be the human history book of offshore, some wiser and more perceptive users of this new medium quickly realized that in his state of "old timers disease" he was frequently deferring to or being corrected by a more brightly shining star known as DARRENUS1:p

Call me crazy...but I know I've read this theme somewhere before....... It's like Deja Vu-- squared.

T2x;)

BROWNIE 03-12-2004 10:50 AM

When mother Teresa was 17, she was a real babe!

Shane 03-12-2004 11:09 AM

Originally posted by T2x
Call me crazy...but I know I've read this theme somewhere before....... It's like Deja Vu-- squared.

T2x;)

Naaahhhh, that your VIAGARA talking...:p ;) :D :)

Rik 03-12-2004 01:11 PM

I watch that Video of the Fayva Shoes crash all the time. At first it looked like the two boats touched and then there were splinters and fuel in the water. Then the interview voice over is played on the film as it is re-shown.

Amazing they survived!

Imagine what the EPA's response to all that race gas and salt water.

BROWNIE 03-12-2004 01:29 PM

Truck the fee huggers!

C_Spray 03-12-2004 07:59 PM

Originally posted by BROWNIE
...It was at that point that we decided to only build raceboats out of materials with a specific gravity of 1+, so that at least, it would have the courtesy to sink.
Fooking hilarious! One of the funniest lines in OSO history. :D

...and a good engineering philosophy. Mercury uses the same approach with Bravos, so that when they fall off, no one can retrieve them and point out the engineering flaws...:p

glassdave 03-12-2004 08:29 PM

no kid'n C Spray. :D :D my side still hurts after that line. this is one of the most entertaining threads in a while.

this is a good one too :D :D

"Li'l Fayva magically transformed into an acre of orange plywood in 1 unbelievable second Thanks to our cameraman, about a hundred million people got a firsthand look at our engineering capability"

is that video avaliable any where?

tomcat 03-12-2004 08:48 PM

"It was at that point that we decided to only build raceboats out of materials with a specific gravity of 1+, so that at least, it would have the courtesy to sink."

Brownie, you're killing me!:D

When Wellcraft got a hold of the Excaliburcat they apparently used the same theory because they added about a thousand lbs of fiberglass to the hull. Of course the guy in post #72 worked at Wellcraft back then.

WickedWon 03-13-2004 10:13 AM

Thanks Guys !

Great thread ! And just a reminder to Brownie and T2x, in the back of your mind I know you're thinking " we've put this out there before do we sound redundant ?" the answer is NO ! I never tire of the stories ( info) and new people are reading and enjoying this stuff all the time. Both of your writing styles ( and wit) make it an absolute pleasure to read. So when the guestions are asked please respond like it's the first time cause for many it is and for the rest of us quite frankly we can't get enough when it comes to facts not fiction :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Jim Deitz

BTW Jon,( Cougarman) thanks for the great V bottom pics. The V bottom Cougars have never gotten the exposure they deserve, they were always "serious" rigs vs. some of the noise and show boats of the era ;)